108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

OpenVMS: ITRC BoF at the bootcamp?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mohamed  K Ahmed
Trusted Contributor

Re: OpenVMS: ITRC BoF at the bootcamp?

May be the thing that is not as it used to be, the ITRC FTP site.
When it was ftp.support.compaq.com, it was very well organized, and you can see all the patches in one level (folder), now the ftp site ftp.itrc.hp.com has so many folders and the patches are not grouped on the same level.
I know that the main site for ftp'ing the patches is from the www.ITRC.hp.com, but I don't like ftp'ing to a local PC then ftp'ing again to the systems, I just like to access directly from the system itself.

Will this something be considered?

Mohamed
Bruno Ganino
Honored Contributor

Martin,
I believe NOT understood !
The suggestions must to be topics of ITRC-Forum ?
Topics of openVMS ?
Bruno
Torino (Turin) +2H
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Hi Bruno,
Martin posted in VMS but HP moderator moved here (I think because may be interesting for other member too)!

@Antoniov
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Martin P.J. Zinser
Honored Contributor

Hello Bruno,

I do apologize for the moderator who moved this thread here. As Antonio stated, it started out in the OpenVMS forum where it really belongs (Hello hp, please move it back!!!).

The "bootcamp" is a highly technical conference in close proximity to and with very much contents provided by OpenVMS engeneering. You go there if you are highly interested in VMS and already have mastered all the basic and normal advanced stuff ;-) (Besides of some strange guys like me, who go there since the company of the other participants is that nice ;->

So I opened this thread in the OpenVMS forum to discuss if we should have a BoF there and possible things to discuss.

Greetings, Martin
Bruno Ganino
Honored Contributor

Thank you Martin and Antoniov for the explanation.
Now i have understood.
The BoF is very interesting, but i am "out" by openVMS and road from Italy to USA is very long.
Ciao
Bruno
Torino (Turin) +2H
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Bruno:
Muenchen (= Munich) is not THAT far from Italy. Some interesting things at ENSA/Interex as well! :-)

Jan

Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Hi Jan,
are you inviting at your "Celebrating" event? Is it the same of the other thread?
I thought it's a private meeting.

@Antoniov
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor

>>(Hello hp, please move it back!!!). ....
So I opened this thread in the OpenVMS forum to discuss if we should have a BoF there and possible things to discuss.>>

Moving thread to OpenVMS as per Martin's request.
"Downtime is a Crime."
Willem Grooters
Honored Contributor

Antonio,

Call it a "celebration" event - but I think it's more a case-study presentation. Hopefully it's attended by decision-makers as well.
Jan's boss would need to tell about it...

(Jan, je korpschef zou een verhandeling moeten houden over het nut van zo'n cluster... Maar dat zal-ie wel niet doen)...
Willem Grooters
OpenVMS Developer & System Manager
Bruno Ganino
Honored Contributor

Munich is OK !
But i don't understand 2 things.
1) What is ENSA ?
2) What is "(Jan, je korpschef zou een verhandeling moeten houden over het nut van zo'n cluster... Maar dat zal-ie wel niet doen)... " ?

;-)
Bruno
Torino (Turin) +2H