108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OpenVMS management with OpenView

SOLVED
Go to solution
Peter Brooks_5
Frequent Advisor

OpenVMS management with OpenView

I need to manage some servers running OpenVMS using OpenView. They are also running Oracle and Forte.

Has anybody managed this? Is there any agent for OVO [there is no supported agent, I wondered if there was an unsupported agent]? Is there a MIB that can be used for NNM? Are there MIBs/Agents for Oracle/Forte and other applications on OpenVMS?

What is usually used for Network or Application management on OpenVMS?
3 REPLIES 3
Martin P.J. Zinser
Honored Contributor
Solution

This is not quite correct, there is OpenView support for OpenVMS as a third party product from Appmind and also a first agent has been developed by hp itself, that went field test end of 2003 and should ship around this time.

Maybe one of the hp persons around here can give you a contact inside of hp. Appmind obviously is eager to sell to you.
Peter Brooks_5
Frequent Advisor

Yes, thank you for that - Appmind does look like a good sort term option since we don't know when the HP product will ship.

I've found out something about the HP product, but I am still investigating the detail. I assume that it will work with both OvO for Unix and for Windows and that the ability to encrypt communications will be the same as for other agents - in fact it will be a direct port of the agent onto Open VMS. I am not sure that this is the case though.
TedS

HP has agents for OpenVMS and Tru64 releasing about January 30th. According to product engineering these products are still on schedule.
Ted Saul
Global Project Manager / OpenVMS Master Technologist
Technology Services тАУ Complex Problem Resolution & Quality (CPR&Q)
Hewlett-Packard Company

+1 951 696 2221 / Tel
+1 951 837 8351 / Mobile
ted.saul@hp.com / Email