1748073 Members
5268 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OpenVMS patch location

abrsvc
Respected Contributor

THe following link is what I now use.  You will be directed to a login screen for your account. Once logged in, you should end up at the main Support Center screen.  From there select the "patch management" option. You will be asked for OS etc from there.

Dan

Hoff
Honored Contributor

HPSC > sign in (upper right) > My Support (upper area, center-left) > select Patch Management (upper left) > select OpenVMS > select the platform first and then the version and then select Search By to be Browse Patch List and then select the Search button.  Etc.

Hello,

...is that mean that for us who have just a hobbiest licence patches are not available.

I run OpenVMS and Tru64 with hobbiest licence also own a HP 7000 server running HP-UX... and can not access even those ten years old pathes?

Is there any way to obtain some SAID for those, self repair hobbyist?
Who should I contact?
BTW I just went through a HP support calvary (in Sweden) and after two hours hanging on a line and talking with seven persons - could not help me to obtain/purchase an SAID.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,
Z

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>does that mean that for us who have just a hobbyist license patches are not available?

Yes.

>own a HP 7000 server running HP-UX... and can not access even those ten years old patches?

(What model is a HP 7000?)  That's right.  Without a software support contract, no patches.

>Is there any way to obtain some SAID for those, self repair hobbyist?

A SAID requires spending money.

>could not help me to purchase a SAID.

For OpenVMS or HP-UX or both?

Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

As a hp AllianceONE member (previously called DSPP), you can obtain a SAID for access to OpenVMS patches, the page inside the AllianceOne WEB site is called:  AllianceONE member access to patches

hp AllianceONE site:  http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/site/dspp/menuitem

You may need to become a member of hp AllianceONE to see the patch access page.

Volker.