4658 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Oracle monitoring tools for OpenVMS?

roose
Regular Advisor

Oracle monitoring tools for OpenVMS?

Hi Folks,

I would just like to get some information from those of us here using Oracle on OpenVMS, what are the tools that they are using and/or would recommend in monitoring and gathering statistics? We have been recently hit with some database incidents and would like to gather statistics regularly so that we can go back to examine these data everytime that we will have an incident. By the way, we are currently using Oracle 9i and OpenVMS v7.3-2 on an AlphaServer ES80.

Thanks in advance for your help!
4 REPLIES 4
Hoff
Honored Contributor

Re: Oracle monitoring tools for OpenVMS?

Do consider asking this of Oracle, the folks that best know the Oracle database and its tools, as they will undoubtedly have tools and related recommendations.
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Oracle is Oracle is Oracle.
On Unix, OpenVMS or Windoze.
Use its STATSPACK!

The similarities are much larger than the differences.
Admittedly the stats for a particully platform are one of the areas where there are slightly more differences than say the SQL language, but it is still minimally different

The Only OpenVMS specific trick I can think about is really the T4 oracle module

Cheers,
Hein.

If, and only if, Statspack does not appear to fullfill the need, then by all means come back and articulate what seemed to be missing.

roose
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the replies. Of course, it would really be best to go to Oracle for this, but I was thinking that it will be much better to get this information from the end users like us with their experiences on these products.
Kumar_Sanjay
Regular Advisor

Roose chua,

Do you only Process Monitoring.?
or some other thing...pls explane.

Sanjay Kumar