5319 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PDP-11, RSX11M-Plus

vaxdecman
Advisor

PDP-11, RSX11M-Plus

Hello,
Are there any PDP or RSX professionals or hobbyists out there? Does anyone know where I can get RSX11M-Plus OS and layered products? I know about Mentec but is there anyplace else? Thanks.

Greg Miller
VAXDECman
8 REPLIES 8
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

Greg,

The last time that I needed RSX related materials I got them from Mentec.

On technical matters, I will admit that I still remember a good deal of RSX-related information (I still have an Exec listing for 11M).

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com
vaxdecman
Advisor

I know all about how Digital sold their PDP business to Mentec. I also know that Mentec now makes an emulator for PCs.
However, I have a DECserver 500 that I will soon be converting to a PDP that can boot PDP operating systems. I'm doing this as a hobby. I am particularly interested in RSX11M-Plus, as I have a lot of undustrial experience in this operating system.
So I would be interested in getting my hands on the RSX OS, Fortran-77, FMS, and DECnet media so I can have a little fun. I'm really not interested in Mentec's emulators.
So I was wondering if anybody knows if there is any other way to get original Digital Equipment media on either 9-track tapes or TK50 tapes? Surely, I would think that there are some out there. Hopefully, people aren't just throwing them in the dumpster! Please sell them on eBay or I'll buy them directly!!

Thanks again!
Greg
Stanley F Quayle
Valued Contributor

> I also know that Mentec now makes an emulator for PCs.

Actually, they're a CHARON-11 reseller (sister product of CHARON-VAX).

http://www.stanq.com/charon-vax.html
vaxdecman
Advisor

Thanks for your response. I forgot about Charon, although I was aware of it from past research.

I would be interested if anybody has Digital Equipment Corporation software media they would like to get rid of. I'd hate to see that bit of history go to the landfills.

Greg Miller
VAXDECman
Andreas Fassl
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I've got a set of microfiche boxes with VAXVMS-Source codes, As I recall it is VMS 3.0.

Regards

Andreas
Stanley F Quayle
Valued Contributor

> I've got a set of microfiche boxes with VAXVMS-Source codes, As I recall it is VMS 3.0.

I'd be interested in that. Please email me at quayle-at-pobox-dot-com.

http://www.stanq.com/charon-vax.html
vaxdecman
Advisor

Don't throw that stuff away! As you know, RSX11M-Plus was the latest operating system that ran on DEC PDP-11 computers. There were a lot of different operating systems that ran on PDP-11, as well as PDP-10, PDP-8, and others.

I'm primarily interested in RSX11M-Plus media (operating system and layered product tapes) on either 9-track or TK50.

Thanks again for all your responses. Anybody else? Keep 'em coming!!!!

Greg Miller
VAXDECman
DICTU OpenVMS
Frequent Advisor

Hi Greg,

Maybe check out : www.electrologica.nl. It's a dutch group of collectors of 'ancient' systems. They collect hardware, software and documentation. I'm not part of the group, but supplied them with some documentation (which I saved from the trashcan).

Maybe send them a mail...