Operating System - OpenVMS
1753722 Members
4578 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Password Verification Problem with OpenVMS v8.3

Frank Greco

Password Verification Problem with OpenVMS v8.3

We have a cluster of Alpha machines with v7.3-2 and we're now adding Alpha v8.3 and Itanium v8.3-1H1 machines. There's a problem unpausing the screen with the Alpha v8.3 machine (and the Itanium v8.3-1H1). We are able to perform session logins without any trouble so the external authentication seems fine. Pausing the screen and then attempting to unpause gives the following message:

"Password Verification Problem"

We then have to restart the window manager to gain access. It seems the local UAF is having a problem.

We use Advanced Server. The Alpha v7.3-2 machines have no problem with pause and unpause.

I'm not the system manager but I can ping him for answers.

Thanks,
Frank
5 REPLIES 5
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Just to make a small comment. Advanced server was never ported to Itanium, so it cannot run on your Itanium systems.

Dave
Frank Greco

Thanks for the response but the Advanced Server for OpenVMS V7.3A ECO4 (and later) product kit contains standalone external authentication software for I64 systems in an OpenVMS cluster.
Shriniketan Bhagwat
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Below link explains the similar problem with DECwindows Motif. May be help full.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c01816171

Regards,
Ketan
Frank Greco

That issue sounds exactly like the problem we are encountering but when I looked for the ACME_SERVER it was already up and running. I'll have our system manager restart it to see if it makes any difference.

Frank
Frank Greco

Unfortunately, restarting the ACME_SERVER did not help. It's still unable to come back from a paused screen.

Frank