New Discussion юеВ

Pathworks Advanced Server 7.3a crash

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kyle Snavely_1
Advisor

Pathworks Advanced Server 7.3a crash

Hello all,

I've just installed a fresh copy of Pathworks CPQ AXPVMS ADVANCEDSERVER V7.3-A1. Now for some reason, everyday at 17:45:20 it crashes with a ACCVIO error. I've checked to make sure that no background or batch jobs get kicked off at that time. I'm running OpenVMS 7.3-1 on an es40 with 1 gig of ram. The error message from admin/analyze follows:

================= EVENT #27 ==================

Event Time: 15-MAY-2003 17:45:18.78 Node: GSH2
Process Id: 00004C57
Event: Unexpected System Error Encountered
Event Source: LAN Manager Utility
Event Class: Error

Status: %SYSTEM-F-ACCVIO, access violation, reason mask=!XB, virtual address=!XH, PC=!XH, PS=!XL
Text: PWRK$LMSRV process terminated

Please let me know if you need anymore info. Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
ShyGuy
Advisor
Solution

Re: Pathworks Advanced Server 7.3a crash

Kyle,

I suggest that you log this with HP's Support. An application should never end in an ACCVIO..

/ShyGuy
Isn't every computer a Digital computer?
Vinit Adya
Frequent Advisor

Advanced Server 7.3a has lot of bugs that have been fixed in ECO1. So i would recomend to download the patch from the hp website and apply it befor you start debugging the setup.
Vinit Adya
Frequent Advisor

Advanced Server 7.3a has lot of bugs that have been fixed in ECO1. So i would recomend to download the patch from the hp website and apply it befor you start debugging the setup.
Vinit Adya
Frequent Advisor

Brad McCusker
Respected Contributor

I assume that you already have Advanced Server V7.3A-ECO1 becuase you stated "V7.3-A1". If you don't have ECO1, get it and use it.

ACCVIOS leave a traceback in the corresponding log file. Look in the PWRK$LMSRV*.log file which was active at the time of the crash and you will find the traceback which can be used to finger print the crash.

But, it doesn't matter in this forum. There is no ECO2 yet, so, even if we can identify the crash from the footprint, you still need to contact the support center to get a patch. So, you might as well just get in contact with them now.

Regards,

Brad McCusker
OpenVMS Engineering
Brad McCusker
Software Concepts International
Paul Nunez
Respected Contributor

Hi,

If it's happening every day at the same time it could be some account has time restrictions enabled and forcelogoff is set (we've had problems in this area in the past).

Paul Nunez
HP Services
Kyle Snavely_1
Advisor

I'm running v7.3 eco1. I've looked at the pwrk accounts and they appear fine. I've also contacted HP support and they are taking a look. I'll post the solution after I have one.

Thanks for the responses,

Kyle
Kyle Snavely_1
Advisor

It turns out that this is "happening in the handling of logon time restrictions for users". I'm waiting for the patch to be sent to me.

Kyle