108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Pathworks or PWRK Help

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ian Derringer
Regular Advisor

My Alpha server is not a BDC. I am not sure what I need to do to administer PWRK. Some users are having some access right issues, which I cannot help tehm without the admin password. I might have to call HP on Monday for help. What if I re-install PWRK?
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Ian,
reinstall is no good idea :-(
Because your server is not BDC, you can execute PWRK$CONFIG and change administrator password. During modification, lan service will be stopped. All other configuration still remain unchanged.

Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Uwe

If the system is a domain member, then this would change the local Administrator account's password, right?

I agree

And if the system is a BDC, then this should change the domain Administrator's password, no?

Yes and No!
If you don't know admin password of server, I'm amazed you know domain password :-?
How can you configure BDC without synchronizing with PDC?

Antonio Vigliotti

Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

My point was that a BDC (and a PDC) does not have a local SAM, so no local accounts. I was wondering if using PWRK$UPDATE would change the domain password instead.

So, before any more guessing - first thing would be to find out if this is a standalone system (being a PDC) or if it's linked into a more complex network.
Bojan Nemec
Honored Contributor

Ian,

If I remember right (I have no Pathworks installed to test), you dont need to login if you start the ADMIN command from a privileged account. So try to start ADMIN from yours SYSTEM account, then you can change the Administrator password.

Bojan
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Bojan,
usually it's true but is not always true.
I don't know how and when, but sometimes you must use logon command.

Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Ian Derringer
Regular Advisor

Solved. Closed

Thanks,