108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Personal workstation 500 / BA356.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Don Williams_8
Occasional Advisor

Personal workstation 500 / BA356.

Folks - I'm a bit confused. I have the task of backing up all KZPAC configs on our systems. All went well on our Alpha's, I could access the menu's when I used a vt420 with no cursor settings etc per the docs.
I have a few personal workstations connected to ba356 chassis (two disks each - a nice simple system).
Am I right in thinking these do have kzpac configs? Tried running ra200rcu but get no utilities option and besides, using the vt420 settings as above, the entire screen fades to a dot !
I can't find any docs to give me more info. Any suggestions ?
Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

A BA356 box is just a disk drive enclosure and can be connected to a RAID controller as well as to a simple SCSI adapter. In the second case, there is no RAID configuration you can back up. It is unlikely that somebody has altered the adapter's parameters.

If I recall correctly, the KZPAC creates device names beginning with "DRA". If you see two disks with "DKA" instead it is unlikely that the workstation has a KZPAC.

Don Williams_8
Occasional Advisor

Uwe -
You are absolutely correct. Thanks for the advice - it allowed me to take a course of action I was hesititant on and all is well.
Cheers
Don Williams_8
Occasional Advisor

Don Williams_8
Occasional Advisor

Straight forward disk backup & restore took place.