1748161 Members
4039 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Power loss on DS10L

Stephen Eickhoff_1
Frequent Advisor

Power loss on DS10L

My DS10L suddenly lost power while I was trying to backup my failing system disk, compounding an already trying situation. I thought it might be the thermal shutdown, but it has been 15 minutes and the system still will not power on. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can only think of a failed PS.
5 REPLIES 5
Jon Pinkley
Honored Contributor

You have probably thought of this, but make 100% sure that the outlet still has power. Plug a lamp or something in and make sure it works.

On the other hand, a failing power supply may have been contributed to the failing system disk, so it may be that the DS10L is protecting itself my refusing to power on while voltage is out of threshold. That is pure guess, take with grain of salt.

Jon
it depends
Stephen Eickhoff_1
Frequent Advisor

I pulled the plug and kept it out longer than I had the first time; the system powered up. It must have been thermal overload.
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

I lost count of how many PS gave up after a power cut (after long uptime). Esp. on the GS160.

Wim
Wim
Stephen Eickhoff_1
Frequent Advisor

A case thermistor is inexplicably mounted in the second disk tray. When I put my replacement hard disk in there, it warmed up enough with the high activity to cause a thermal shutdown. A poor design that wasted much of my time.
Stephen Eickhoff_1
Frequent Advisor

See above.