New Discussion юеВ

Printing Problem from One Cluster Node

SOLVED
Go to solution
Emad Omar
Regular Advisor

Printing Problem from One Cluster Node

Hi all,

I have a printing problem appeared when I print the same job from one node of two nodes cluster. I have got a correct printout from node-B while I have a shifting (uncorrectable printout)when I print multi pages through the same job from node-A.
The cluster configuration done as one system disk and the same queue manager plus the same sysuaf.dat file.
(This is a new cluster system migrated from an old single system after buying new Servers and we did this migration due to a retired software installed and running).

The only differece between two nodes is the sysgen parameters.So are there any system parameter affects on this issue??!!

Please advise . . .

Regards,

Emad Omar
18 REPLIES 18
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Re: Printing Problem from One Cluster Node

Try dir sys$library:*.tlb
and see if all files are in sys$common (esp. form libraries).

Else : what kind of printing (lpd, lat, dcps, ...), versions ?

Wim
Wim
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Emad,

before answering lots of questions, could you provide a 'SHOW QUE/FULL/ALL printer-queue-name' from both nodes ?

Volker.
Emad Omar
Regular Advisor

Dear all,

Thank you for your fast reply.
regarding the $show queue/all/full I need to tell you that each nodes have the same definition, because we start and intilized the queue using the same script on sys$common.
On other hand we are using LAT Protocol and for this job we are using the following command :
$print/device=ltaxxxx filename

Kind regards,

Emad
Karl Rohwedder
Honored Contributor

Emad,

since you say the pages are shifted, can you check and compare the terminalsettings of your LTA devices ( SHOW TERM LTAxx)?regards Kalle
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Did you try the dir on both cluster nodes to see if all form libraries are really the same ?

Wim
Wim
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Emad,

by not providing detailled information, you only lead people to ask speculative questions. If Wim could have seen the SHOW QUE/FULL/ALL queue-name output, his questions about setup libraries would have been unnecessary, if that queue does not even use them...

Please also try to explain, how the print output differs if printed on node node or the other.

Volker.
Phil.Howell
Honored Contributor

If lta devices are involved, then I believe some terminal characteristics are derived from sysgen TT parameters.
Start with TT_DEFCHAR and TT_DEFCHAR2
Phil
ps
HELP PRINT /DEVICE on my system
says that /DEVICE is synonymous with /QUEUE
and its use is not recommended
What happens on each node if you
$copy LTA123:
Phil.Howell
Honored Contributor

also...
The lta device will show as allocated on the node where its queue is started.
I assume this is node-B in your case, and print/device from node-A is the problem?
Phil
Mahmoud_1
Frequent Advisor

Dear All,
I'm Emads colleague and I will continue this Issue with all, Today I'll try all what you asked.
Please be patient.
Mahmoud.