1753519 Members
5917 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Printing with LAT / Telnetsymbiont

Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

No solution for me. I have to get it in 7.3.

Wim
Wim
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Hi Wim,
when I'm guessing you created que with /NO_INIT qualifier I ask what do you want within esc P sequence?
I can't remember what does means in ANSI standard.

Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Antonio

Just found that escape on the net. Tried several escapes without result. Or better : with garbage on the page instead of a formfeed.

Wim
Wim
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Wim,
some times ago I met a trouble like yours. After investigation I discovered after form feed software sended a escape sequence to restore font and other feature. Some laser printer receiving this sequence make a blank page.
If you have time and patience, you can set hexdump print on printer and print a very little text file then you can see what printer receive after form-feed (code 12 or hex 0C).

Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Anton van Ruitenbeek
Trusted Contributor

Wim,

As far as I know to suppress the formfeeds you must set the logical TCPIP$TELNETSYM_SUPPRESS_FORM_FEEDS to 35.
Even set the logical TCPIP$TELNETSYM_RAW_TCP to TRUE.
Even if I'm informed correctly you can set this logical per printer.
So TCPIP$TELNETSYM_SUPPRESS_FORM_FEEDS_ABC will be used for the queue 'ABC'.
You need to use the TCPIP$TELNETSYM, but that is I think known ...

AvR
NL: Meten is weten, maar je moet weten hoe te meten! - UK: Measuremets is knowledge, but you need to know how to measure !
Bojan Nemec
Honored Contributor

Antonio, Wim,

EscP escape sequence is named Device Control String. All characters which are after this sequence are not interpreted as ANSI escape sequences. You must end with a String Terminator escape sequence which is esc\. In 8 bit communication you can use 0x90 (DCS) instead of escP and 0x9C (ST) instead of esc\.

Bojan