5942 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with SYSUAF

Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Re Bob:

Most of the time that I have found it, it was caused by a migration of a user from one UIC group to another.

In our organisation gruoupUICs are coupled to "structural units". We have quite a few of those, and user transfer is rather common.
We avoid the above problem by having unique MEMBER UICs, which allows us to switch GROUP UICs without conflicts.

To anyone in a similar situation it might a a worthwhile idea. Initial implementation however will be (and was for us) quite a task. But it DID pay off, and now the transfers are fully automated with just input from the personnel system.

hth

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Karen,

from your Forum Profile:

I have assigned points to 26 of 84 responses to my questions.

They date up to a year back.

Maybe you can find some time to do some assigning?

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Mind, I do NOT say you necessarily need to give lots of points. It is fully up to _YOU_ to decide how many. If you consider an answer is not deserving any points, you can also assign 0 ( = zero ) points, and then that answer will no longer be counted as unassigned.
Consider, that every poster took at least the trouble of posting for you!

To easily find your streams with unassigned points, click your own name somewhere.
This will bring up your profile.
Near the bottom of that page, under the caption "My Question(s)" you will find "questions or topics with unassigned points " Clicking that will give all, and only, your questions that still have unassigned postings.

Thanks on behalf of your Forum colleagues.

PS. - nothing personal in this. I try to post it to everyone with this kind of assignment ratio in this forum. If you have received a posting like this before - please do not take offence - none is intended!

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
Barry Alford
Frequent Advisor

IMHO, John should have got 10 points! His answer completely explained the behaviour of AUTHORIZE experienced by Karen!!

(You don't have to give me any points for this fanmail!)