1752798 Members
5674 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Procedure for DST when DTSS is in use for 8.2 version

Amit Phadnis
Advisor

Procedure for DST when DTSS is in use for 8.2 version

How to do DST settings manually when DTSS is in use for Open VMS 8.2 Version on alpha servers?
Can I get the procedure for the same?
3 REPLIES 3
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Re: Procedure for DST when DTSS is in use for 8.2 version

Can't test it but
mc ncl help update dtss

If I remember correctly, it will adjust gradually for small changes (seconds) and abruptly for big ones (1 hour).

But test it first.

Wim
Wim
Hoff
Honored Contributor

If you want to handle the switch-over manually, you must change the time on the DECnet-Plus DECdts (DTSS) time server. Start here: http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1096493

OpenVMS V7.3 and later uses the in-built DECdtss (DTSS) software for time and timekeeping and DST-related settings -- these pieces were moved from DECnet-Plus and into base OpenVMS at OpenVMS Alpha V7.3, and are present in OpenVMS I64 V8.2 and later.

When you have DECnet-Plus and DTSS clerk running, that package adds external time synchronization to what base OpenVMS. And all local time arrives from the time server.

The OpenVMS DST fixes and discussions are here: http://h71000.www7.hp.com/dst.html

If you are using OpenVMS V7.3 and later, OpenVMS deals with the change-over for you once you have the correct rules. And the correct rules are available for OpenVMS I64 V8.2 with VMS82I_TZ-V0200. Also get the Java ECO (if using Java) and the MultiNet ECO (if using MultiNet) and the Oracle ECO (if using Oracle).

If you want to do the switch-over manually and do not have access to the time server, disable the AUTO_DLIGHT_SAV knob and shut down DECdts (DTSS) and reset the time, or (better) select a timezone definition that doesn't do the timezone shuffle. Or load the TZ ECO, restart job control or reboot OpenVMS (to reset the job controller for the switch to the new DST rules), and leave the automatic mechanisms enabled.

Stephen Hoffman
HoffmanLabs
Amit Phadnis
Advisor

Hi,

I tried to disable the dtss. I have gone through the site recommended by you, got some tips for disabling DTSS, the command executes but after running Net$configure command it shows a note:

'DTSS is in use and any changes made will remain still the system is on. Once rebooted settings will change'.

The local time and TDF will get change but the question remains how to save these settings.

I want to make settings such that after 23:59,10-Mar-2007, it should skip to 01:00,11-mar-2007 with TDF -4:00.

Amit.