108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Protection settings

SOLVED
Go to solution
vmsserbo
Super Advisor

Protection settings

how to reset the protection on the target team07,08,09 drives.

What is the command?
18 REPLIES 18
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Miles,

It is unlikely that you need to set the protections on the drives.

What is more likely is that the one or more directories are protected in such a way as to prevent write access from the account that you are using.

As I mentioned in your other posting, what does the output of DIRECTORY/SECURITY say on the directories?

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com
vmsserbo
Super Advisor

I guess I would have to find out what directories the user is using?
vmsserbo
Super Advisor

Here is what the user is getting. Please give me the command to correct this, Thanks!

We need all directories on all three servers to be able to accept copies from TSTSTG. An example of some failures are shown bellow.

Jim

TSTSTG-1 >copy CLAIMS_ANALYSIS.EXE team07::$1$DUA4:[EXE]* /prot=w:rewd %COPY-E-OPENOUT, error opening TEAM07::$1$DUA4:[EXE]CLAIMS_ANALYSIS.EXE;81 as ou tput -RMS-E-CRE, ACP file create failed -SYSTEM-F-INVLOGIN, login information invalid at remote node %COPY-W-NOTCOPIED, DUA25:[X53.SYSTEST.EXE]CLAIMS_ANALYSIS.EXE;81 not copied

TSTSTG-1 >copy CLAIMS_ANALYSIS.EXE team08::prod_exe /prot=w:rewd %COPY-E-OPENOUT, error opening TEAM08::[]PROD_EXE.EXE; as output -RMS-E-CRE, ACP file create failed -SYSTEM-F-INVLOGIN, login information invalid at remote node %COPY-W-NOTCOPIED, DUA25:[X53.SYSTEST.EXE]CLAIMS_ANALYSIS.EXE;81 not copied

TSTSTG-1 >copy ready_byrd.com team08::USRDSK1:[BLS]* %COPY-E-OPENOUT, error opening TEAM08::USRDSK1:[BLS]READY_BYRD.COM;29 as output -RMS-E-CRE, ACP file create failed -SYSTEM-F-INVLOGIN, login information invalid at remote node %COPY-W-NOTCOPIED, USERS$DISK:[X53BYRD]READY_BYRD.COM;29 not copied

TSTSTG-1 >copy ready_byrd.com team08::prod_dcl:* /prot=w:rewd %COPY-E-OPENOUT, error opening TEAM08::PROD_DCL:[]READY_BYRD.COM;29 as output -RMS-E-CRE, ACP file create failed -SYSTEM-F-INVLOGIN, login information invalid at remote node %COPY-W-NOTCOPIED, USERS$DISK:[X53BYRD]READY_BYRD.COM;29 not copied

TSTSTG-1 >copy ready_byrd.com team08::prod_dcl:* %COPY-E-OPENOUT, error opening TEAM08::PROD_DCL:[]READY_BYRD.COM;29 as output -RMS-E-CRE, ACP file create failed -SYSTEM-F-INVLOGIN, login information invalid at remote node %COPY-W-NOTCOPIED, USERS$DISK:[X53BYRD]READY_BYRD.COM;29 not copied
TSTSTG-1 >copy ready_byrd.com team08::prod_dcl:*
Barry Alford
Frequent Advisor

Since a username and password are not provided in the remote node specification (before the ::), you should have proxy accounts setup on the other nodes (TEAM07 and TEAM08).

Use AUTHORIZE to review the proxy accounts:
UAF> show/proxy *

If they do not exist, you can add them e.g.:
UAF> add/proxy *::TSTSTG TSTSTG/default
would allow a TSTSTG user on any other node (the *) to log into this node as user TSTSTG

If no proxies have ever been defined, you will need to create the proxy database (only once per node):
UAF> create/proxy
Heinz W Genhart
Honored Contributor

Hi Miles

You could use OPCOM to find the directories with the 'wrong' protection

If not already done:

SET AUDIT/ENABLE=FILE=FAIL/ALARM
or/and
SET AUDIT/ENABLE=FILE=FAIL/AUDIT

Then do a

REPLY/ENABLE

and let the user try.

You will then see OPCOM Messages or you can find this messages also in SYS$MANAGER:OPERATOR.LOG

such a Message looks similar like this one

%%%%%%%%%%% OPCOM 4-AUG-2006 14:38:28.20 %%%%%%%%%%%
Message from user AUDIT$SERVER on OBELIX
Security alarm (SECURITY) and security audit (SECURITY) on OBELIX, system id: 1027
Auditable event: Object access
Event information: file access request (IO$_ACCESS or IO$_CREATE)
Event time: 4-AUG-2006 14:38:28.20
PID: 202091A6
Process name: GENI
Username: GENI
Process owner: [GENI]
Terminal name: FTA727:
Image name: DSA0:[SYS0.SYSCOMMON.][SYSEXE]TYPE.EXE
Object class name: FILE
Object owner: [1,1]
Object protection: SYSTEM:RWED, OWNER:RWED, GROUP:RE, WORLD:
File name: _DSA0:[VMS$COMMON.SYS$STARTUP]SYSTARTUP_VMS.DAT;52
File ID: (11753,2855,0)
Access requested: READ
Posix UID: -2
Posix GID: -2 (%XFFFFFFFE)
Sequence key: 2B408B73
Status: %SYSTEM-F-NOPRIV, insufficient privilege or object protection violation

I enabled Opcom (REPL/ENABLE) removed my privileges (SET PROC/PRIV=NOALL) and did a TYPE of a file with a protection, which does not allowed me to type the file (SYS$STARTUP:SYSTARTUP_VMS.DAT).

In the Opcom message you can find all the required informations to solve your problem. This works same for direcory files.

Hope that helps

Regards

Heinz
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

I guess team08 etc have (or should have) a DECnet proxy defined for node TESTG. On team08 do
$ SET DEF SYS$SYSTEM
$ MCR AUTHORIZE SHOW/PROX TESTG::*

which username on team08 does the proxy refer to ? Is it ok?

You may find that enabling opcom messages on team08 before attempting the file copy will give useful infomation.

$ REPLY/ENABLE

This is what I got??

TEAM08> set def sys$system:
TEAM08> mcr authorize show/prox tststg::*
%SECSRV-E-NOSUCHPROXY, no proxy record matches your specification
vmsserbo
Super Advisor

With destination only...
TSTSTG-1 >copy CLAIMS_ANALYSIS.EXE team08::prod_exe /prot=w:rewd %COPY-E-OPENOUT, error opening TEAM08::[]PROD_EXE.EXE; as output -RMS-E-CRE, ACP file create failed -SYSTEM-F-INVLOGIN, login information invalid at remote node %COPY-W-NOTCOPIED, DUA25:[X53.SYSTEST.EXE]CLAIMS_ANALYSIS.EXE;81 not copied

With destination + *...
TSTSTG-1 >copy CLAIMS_ANALYSIS.EXE team08::prod_exe:* /prot=w:rewd %COPY-E-OPENOUT, error opening TEAM08::PROD_EXE:[]CLAIMS_ANALYSIS.EXE;81 as outp ut -RMS-E-CRE, ACP file create failed -SYSTEM-F-INVLOGIN, login information invalid at remote node %COPY-W-NOTCOPIED, DUA25:[X53.SYSTEST.EXE]CLAIMS_ANALYSIS.EXE;81 not copied

How do I look at the operator log, I enabled it and I see nothing?
Barry Alford
Frequent Advisor

Ok, I was confused with your nodenames and usernames.

On TEAM08 and TEAM09:
$ set def sys$system
$ mc authorize
UAF> create/proxy ! just in case
UAF> add TSTSTG:: /default
UAF>exit
$
The usernames on TEAM08/09, must have access to the directories you are copying to -- you may have to create them!