108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ROBOT error messages

SOLVED
Go to solution
Anton van Ruitenbeek
Trusted Contributor

I will ad the routine, but first I will translate it to english (at least the part who are interested).

AvR
NL: Meten is weten, maar je moet weten hoe te meten! - UK: Measuremets is knowledge, but you need to know how to measure !
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

and do post it at dcl.OpenVMS.Org

Solution

Hello everybody,

Hereby the promissed procedure. I changed all the messages into possibility to modify this into your own language by using a file .LNG_.
The procedure checks everything before starting. The mayor part is to have a file .MAIL_DIS containing a mailing distributionlist.
The header of the procedure explains (I hope) everything.
If not, please contact me.
I modified the file (by using a uncomment procedure) so it's not very easy to modify so please contact me for any modifications.
The tool is tested on my own system, but I don't have any robot and is tested (for basic functions) with one of my old costumers.

AvR
NL: Meten is weten, maar je moet weten hoe te meten! - UK: Measuremets is knowledge, but you need to know how to measure !
Anton van Ruitenbeek
Trusted Contributor

And hereby the message file for UK.
Extract this into .LNG_UK

AvR
Verne Britton
Regular Advisor

ANTON: I mean no disrespect, but as a native English (US) speaker, I have some suggestions for your .LNG_UK file ... what format can I give these to you, and where to post/send them ?

And depending on how picky I have been, this could lead to the creation of a .LNG_US file :-)

Respectfully,

Verne
verne@wvnet.edu
Anton van Ruitenbeek
Trusted Contributor

Verne,

Thank you for being so hard for me. As you (probably already) know, English isn't my best language.
You may change the LNG file into any good sence and post it by this session.
You may also send any information to my address and maybe we can do some of this session off line.

Anton van Ruitenbeek aka AvR
openvms@van-ruitenbeek.nl
Aaron Lewis_1
Frequent Advisor