108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Regd Testing tool

SOLVED
Go to solution
princy

Regd Testing tool

Dear All,

Let me know what are the automation testing tools that are supported by VAX/VSM.

Regards,
Princy
11 REPLIES 11
princy

HI,

Like load runner or qtp , is there any testing tool which is supported by O/S VAX/VMS.

Regards,
Princy
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

from a quick look qtp appears to be a UI based test tool so DTM would be the VMS native equivilent.

loadrunner appears to be a system test tool which is not available for VMS. I guess the nearest equivilent is UETP
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/82final/aa-pv5nj-tk/00/00/60-con.html

Hi,

Actually I need automation testing tool name which runs in VAX/VSM. Please help.

I am not finding in net.
Regards,
Princy
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

It may be helpful to know what (kind of) application you intend to test, and what kind of test: functionality, performance (response time? throughput?)

You mention VAX/VSM.
Is that how they call OpenVMS in you shop?
What platform, what version? VAX? Alpha? IA54?
Why is this needed now? Is this a new development?

Does everything run on the VMS system, or is there a front-end tier? green-screen ('VT100') application or some gui?

Cheers,

Hein van den Heuvel
HvdH Performance Consulting.

Hoff
Honored Contributor

VAX/VSM is probably intended to be VAX/VMS here and as the name of the operating system, and the most common and traditional automated testing tool is a component of the old VAXset or newer DECset package known as DEC Test Manager (DTM).

DTM is separately installed.

Details on DTM are in the DECset documentation.

If you're really as far back as the VAX/VMS V5.5 version and still using what OpenVMS VAX was known as back then, then you're back into the era of VAXset product, too. The more recent versions of those packages are known as DECset.

DECset documentation is available at:

http://www.hp.com/go/openvms/doc

Now there have been some VAX VSM packages around, there's one for automated migration from VAX over to Solaris, IIRC.

Now if this isn't VAX/VMS and it is VAX/VSM or some other widget VSM or such, please consider adding some specific and full product names and product versions around your request for testing tools. Some of what sort of applications you're looking to test could be helpful, too. That extra detail and that background can help us answer your question, and to better target our answers.
Ramondo
Advisor
Solution

While we may not know the exact requirements, if the user has VMS sessions available on his desktop via an emulator, any automated test package will allow "automation" of user input - this can be tests, or even data entry. I know for a fact that QA Run works well.

princy

Hi,

The application is green screen(VT100). Please help me..

Regards,
Princy
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Answers have been given.
Google for stuff you don't understand.
Then come back with a SPECIFIC question.
DecDTM could be an OpenVMS-only solution.
But you are likely to find more happyness in general purpose windoze tool where the green screen is 'just an app' with the fact that it is openVMS based being largely irrelevant for the purpose of the test. You may also want to google for 'expect'. That could run on a unix based test driver.

Hein