1745880 Members
4318 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Reset LED in VFP of rx2620

Michael Menge
Frequent Advisor

Reset LED in VFP of rx2620

During a failure in the data center air condition one of our rx2620 shut down, the other continues running.
After booting the first shows green system LED in the VFP, the second shows FLASH RED in the system VFP.
How can I set the system LED in the VFP display back to GREEN without rebooting the server?
4 REPLIES 4
Shriniketan Bhagwat
Trusted Contributor

Re: Reset LED in VFP of rx2620

Hi Michael,

A similar topic is discussed in the below thread.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1275359612865+28353475&threadId=1309178

May be helpful.

Regards,
Ketan

Michael Menge
Frequent Advisor

Hi Ketan,
the reason for the 1. server to shut down and for the 2. to show a FLASH RED in the VFP was the high temperature inside the boxes. Now the temperature is o.k. again and I want to change the system LED from FLASH RED to GREEN without rebooting the server.
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

>>I want to change the system LED from FLASH RED to GREEN without rebooting the server.

Sticker?

No, seriously, does the system have a management processor?

Just connect to the MP port RJ45 / DB25 serial console and read and/or reset the log.
This can be done with the system running and it will clear the LED.

Hope this helps some.

Hein van den Heuvel
HvdH Performance Consulting
Shriniketan Bhagwat
Trusted Contributor

Hi Michael,

The System LED basically provides information about the system status. If the operation is normal, the LED is green. If there is a system warning, the LED flashes yellow. And if there are any system faults the then this LED flashes RED. Please refer chapter 5 Troubleshooting from the HP Integrity rx2620 Server User Service Guide to fix this issue. Below is the link to above mentioned guide. Hope this helps

http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01404139/c01404139.pdf

Regards,
Ketan