5701 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Reseting tcp proccess

Taulant Shamo
Frequent Advisor

Reseting tcp proccess

Hello,

I want to create a script in order give this commands: (to reset the tcp network connection)

$@tcpware:shutnet
$wait 00:01
$@tcpware:startnet

but as you realize when the first command is issued the terminal closed automatically because the procceses are killed and I need to set host from the other node to issue the startnet command.

How can I manage to run a script in order to shut and start the proccess.

Thank you
Taulant
8 REPLIES 8
Lokesh_2
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Taulant,

You can use SUBMIT command to submit this script.

HTH,
Thanks and regards,
Lokesh
What would you do with your life if you knew you could not fail?
Lokesh_2
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Taulant,

One more thing, put a $SET NOON at the begging of your command procedure, so that even if there is an error while shutting down TCPIP etc...you will likely to get your network up again.

Best regards,
Lokesh
What would you do with your life if you knew you could not fail?
Anton van Ruitenbeek
Trusted Contributor

Taulant,

What do you want to reset ? If you only want to reset the telnet, can't you only do this with TCPware ?
Whith TCPIP from HP you can by @SYS$STARTUP:TCPIP$TELNET_SHUTDOWN and _STARTUP.
I don't know or you can this with TCPware.
But in any case, Lokesh idee works perfect.

AvR
NL: Meten is weten, maar je moet weten hoe te meten! - UK: Measuremets is knowledge, but you need to know how to measure !
Martin Vorlaender
Honored Contributor

>>>
What do you want to reset ? If you only want to reset the telnet, can't you only do this with TCPware ?
<<<

Of course you can. SHUTNET.COM and STARTNET.COM take a parameter where you can specify the service to stop/start. More precise, you can pass any service name that has a TCPWARE:_CONTROL.COM file.

cu,
Martin
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Hi Taulant,
you can do this in 2 ways:
1. Submit command
2. execute command via loginout
$ RUN/DETACH/OUTPUT= -
/INPUT= -SYS$SYSTEM:LOGINOUT

HTH
Antonio Vigliotti

Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Doug Phillips
Trusted Contributor

Hi Taulant,

If you are logged in via TELNET, there isn't any way to stop and restart it without dropping your connection. But, using one of the suggested methods, when TELNET comes back up you will be able to reconnect and log back in. If you have VTA enabled, you will be able to reconnect to your session. If you can, you could log in via SET HOST to restart TCPIP.

If you really want to go through some stressful moments, do a reboot from a not-the-console terminal 1000 miles away at night when noone is at the remote site(:-O) (not recommended except as a last resort or moments of utter insanity!)

-Doug
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Ouch!

Doug, you must have been eighther insanely brave or insanely desperate, or more probably both!

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe

Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
Taulant Shamo
Frequent Advisor

Thank you
All