Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SANSwicth 2/16 port being disabled during reboot

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marc A Smith
Occasional Advisor

SANSwicth 2/16 port being disabled during reboot

Hi guys. I'm having a problem with 2 of my SAN swithes. It's probably a simple issue, but I'm missing it. Anyway, I have 2 stand-alone rx6600's running OVMS 8.31H1 with 2 single port HBAs. Each HBA is connected to one of the SAN Switches, which then are connected to my EVA4000. After initialy setting up the switch and the zoning, enabling the ports I ran a MC SYSMAN IO AUTOCONFIG to verify that the rx6600s could see the disks that are being presented to them. This all works fine until I reboot, or shutdown, one of the rx6600s. When this happens, the ports on the switch that the server is connected to disables itself and has to be manually enabled again. Currently I'm booting off of the internal disks, but would eventually like to migrate to booting off of the SAN.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Marc Smith - masmith@adclinic.com
6 REPLIES 6
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

Re: SANSwicth 2/16 port being disabled during reboot

hi,

can you post the output from portcfgshow for any of the ports involved.
have you tried setting portCfgPersistentEnable for these ports ?

Marc A Smith
Occasional Advisor

Mark,

I tried portcfgconsistentenable on both port 8 and port 9 (only these ports are having the problem). I've attached an image of a portcfg show for port 6 which works fine and for ports 8 and 9.
Thank,
Marc - masmith@adclinic.com
Marc A Smith
Occasional Advisor

Sorry, I meant portcfgpersistentenable in my prior message. Not one of my better typing days I guess.
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

hi,

the only single port hba's listed for ovms for the rx6600 in the quickspecs are 4gb you try hard setting the speed of the ports to match, and as always check that firmware for switch and hba's is up to date.

marsh_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

apologies - ignore previous comment , might help if i read the subject - it's a 2gb switch , still check your firmware levels esp. on the switch. have you rebooted the switch since you set the persistent enable ?
Marc A Smith
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Mark. It took me a while to figure out the new firmware interface, but it looks like my HBA's have a pretty old firmware level. I'm going to update them and see if it helps my problem. Thanks Again.