1752642 Members
5663 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SCM and Compaq contracts

Shael Richmond
Frequent Advisor

SCM and Compaq contracts

Has anybody figured out how to use SCM to submit calls online? DSNLink goes away on July 26th and I can't get SCM to work.
We won't get our new HP contract until January so we are stuck with the Compaq contract until then but DSNLink goes away before then.

When ever I try the ask a question link it says the system is unavailable(for the last 3 months!)
11 REPLIES 11
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

I've been using
the web based tool. Go to
http://europe.itrc.hp.com/service/help/contactHP.do?Page=contact_hp
and try the 'use web based case management' link

(DSNlink stopped working in the UK quite a while ago).

I've just emailed ITRC_Support@hp.com with this question and I suggest you do too.

Hi,

according to Shael's profile he lives in the US, so contacting hp Europe might not help ;-)

Besides of sending email to the ITRC folks I do suggest to get into touch with your account rep. They should be able to sort this out for you. Anyhow, I heard rumors that DSNlink will be around rather until the end of the year.

Greetings, Martin
Steve Schultz_1
Advisor

I had the same problem. Took awhile to find out how to add my Compaq agreement. See this forum for instructions on how to do it. http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=579157

Also, found out there was a problem with sending e-mails to itrc_support@hp.com. HP's spam software was filtering some of them out. I believe this has been fixed.

On the ask a question, I found out HP is aware of the problem and is working on resolving it.
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

I emailed ITRC_support and they responded - I am now working with them to get my contract added.

My local sales support person (who hadn't been very responsive, hence the post) said he just heard DSNLink will be up until October.

I sent an e-mail to itrc_support. I haven't heard back other then on the ask hp question issue.

I'll take a look at the link and see if it helps.

On the ask question issue I did get an e-mail asking for more information. They opened a case for it.

Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

It appears I can create hardware calls but not software calls so progress is being made.

Hi,

since this is about support calls and you obviously have a contract, do escalate this to the manager for the AlphaServer field service in your area. They should definitly be able to pull the strings to get you setup correctly.

Greetings, Martin
Cass Witkowski
Trusted Contributor

I was using DSNlink today to look up a bugcheck which happened at SYS$DKDRIVER+2F20. I did the query in DSNlink in the OpenVMS Database and had no hits. Just for fun I tried the ASK COMPAQ as suggested by the DSNlink as the state of the art replacement for DSNlink and with the same query I got 1233 hits. Unfortunately I don't have time to go through all 1233 hits to see if it's the correct one. Apparently the 2F20 is matched not as a single unit but as parts. Even if I put the 2f20 in "".

People, if this is as good as it gets we need to start sending email to Mark Gorham and Carly to let them know we, the paying customers, are getting hosed.