cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNARJE for VMS: Job Stuck in Queue

Shay Cohen
Occasional Advisor

SNARJE for VMS: Job Stuck in Queue

We have a VMS system connected via DEMSB and router to a MainFrame. We transfer files from the VMS machine to the MF. After replacing (only) the router, the station (named RMT3) status in ON but the job submitted with the SUBMIT/SNA command is stuck in the queue and does not get to the MF.
I don't know if it matters but on the OPERATOR.LOG we get the DECnet/SNA event 265.2 Counter overflow with the messages "Remote station errors" and "Remote buffer errors"
4 REPLIES
Karl Rohwedder
Honored Contributor

Re: SNARJE for VMS: Job Stuck in Queue

Your config. is not quite clear to me, you have a DECnet router between your VMS system and the DEMSB, which gets replaced?
If you can connect to the DEMSA with e.g. MCR SNAP, the the DECnet part of the new router should be o.k.
If you reload the DEMSB there should be a remote login from the DEMSB to your VMS system top read and setup the configuration. Did that happen (see NET$SERVER.LOG)?

(I hope I remember all this correctly, we decommissioned our DEMSB stuff some years ago)

regards Kalle
Shay Cohen
Occasional Advisor

About the configuration: On the Ethernet we have a MicroVAX machine and a DEMSB machine. The DEMSB is connected (not ethernet) to a router. The router is connected to the MF. We replaced the router which, as mentioned, is not on the ethernet at all.
Jeroen Hartgers_3
Frequent Advisor

submit/log= and you get the specific log off the job.
Shay Cohen
Occasional Advisor

Nothing interesting in the log. When the job starts, there is the message "SNARJE-I-JOBINFO, workstation RMT3, queue SNARJE$READER, stream RD1". After a while, when I saw that the job doesn't finish, I restarted the RJE. Since the log doesn't have timestamp, I guess that the next message was written after the Reset i've done. The message is "SNARJE-E-GWYSRTABO, stream RD1 aborted, file , 32 records transferred"