108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SQLite3 and locking

SOLVED
Go to solution
Hoff
Honored Contributor

There are other discussions around the ITRC forums of folks that have been working with SQLite.

There are VMS-related comments in the SQLite source pool, and there are existing discussions of folks that have built SQLite on VMS available via Google. It appears that various fixes have been fed back into the SQLite source pool. (Dr Hipp is pretty good about this stuff, FWIW.)

Download the SQLite source pool. See if it builds.

If you're looking for a pre-built and pre-packaged download here, MySQL (which has those available) might be a better choice. (I don't know of a pre-built SQLite download.)

And please start your own thread.
labadie_1
Honored Contributor

Ben Armstrong
Regular Advisor

We never got it to work well enough to deploy it. The locking issues indicated above were show-stoppers.
Ben Armstrong
Regular Advisor

Hm, re-reading the whole thread now, I seem to have reversed my earlier position.

I should have said ... we *could* have used it in some limited applications with file locking instead of record locking, as I indicated earlier, but record locking does remain a desirable feature. When we ran up against the record locking issues and learned that the VMS python project already took sqlite3 into their repository, we left off trying to solve it on our own. We've learned from past experience that we can't sustain this kind of project, so we had hoped the python project's code would continue to move along so that by the time we were ready to look into it again, we would just use their code.

I do not know the status of that code, however, as we haven't looked at any updates in many months.