Operating System - OpenVMS
1753475 Members
4383 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SSH CONFIGURATION ON OPENVMS V8.3 - How do I ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
gunners
Frequent Advisor

SSH CONFIGURATION ON OPENVMS V8.3 - How do I ?

Gosh Im really getting value from this amazing knowledge base today , nothing like a last minute deadline to get the tech teams scurrying for quick answers. Promise this is the last post of the day!

Users want SSH enabled on OPENVMS system running OPENVMS 8.3 1-1 , where do I even start ? is it part of the O/S or is a licence required and how do I configure ?

Thanks so much guys and gals in advance

3 REPLIES 3
RBrown_1
Trusted Contributor

It depends on which IP stack you are using.

Try $SHOW NETWORK. Presumably you will get a line for DECnet and a line for something else. I think that the <something else> will say "TCP/IP" if you are running the DEC/Compaq/HP stack.

In that case you will want to @SYS$MANAGER:TCPIPCONFIG and find your way through the menus to enable ssh. Check your documentation or go to http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/tcpip57.html. It looks like http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/83final/ba548_90007/index.html is your best bet.

If you are running another stack, then somebody else will have to advise.

robert fairfield
Solution

Gunners,

See if you get a reponse from the following:

$ license list net*

If you get an output something like: 

NET-APP-SUP-250 DEC

then you have a license for SSH. The you need to see if it's already configured:

@sys$manager:tcpip$config

2 - Client components

7 - SSH Client Enabled Started

If not, you need to a) get a license and/ or b) configure SSH in TCPIP services.

Bob

gunners
Frequent Advisor

Hi Bob , thanks for the direction , yes indeed it turns out that the client was already enabled.

I tested a session from attachmate reflections into the server using SSH and it workd a treat.

Thanks so much again folks