1748054 Members
4961 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SSL 1.4 breaks running environments

Zia_Ahmad
Occasional Advisor

SSL 1.4 also "broke" ConnectDirect A.K.A NDM under V8.3A during ECO/upgrade activity.
NDM version V3.4-01 ECO-A071209 SP.
Consulting guarantee - Money back!
Joseph Bettro
Advisor

Anyone else run into this same issue with OVO v8 agent install on OpenVMS v8.4 integrity?
-------------------------------------------
HP I64VMS VMSSPI V8.0-1: HP OpenView Operations Operating System Smart Plug-In f
or OpenVMS

Read me file is available in sys$specific:[ovo]VMSSPI_README.TXT
Defining OVO$POSIX_ROOT to DSA7:[OVO$FOCDI1.OVO.],DSA7:[OVO$COMMON_IA64.OVO.]
Starting opcactivate utility.

NOTE: opcactivate script will use the values:
OVO Server hostname: HPOM7001WIN
Certificate Server hostname: HPOM7001WIN

%DCL-W-ACTIMAGE, error activating image SSL$LIBSSL_SHR32
-CLI-E-IMGNAME, image file DSA1:[SYS0.SYSCOMMON.][SYSLIB]SSL$LIBSSL_SHR32.EXE
-SYSTEM-F-SHRIDMISMAT, ident mismatch with shareable image
Hoff
Honored Contributor

Try redirecting the image activations to side copies of the old shareable images via logical name?

Place old copies elsewhere and aim some logical names at it. (Given the file is installed, it'll have to be a trusted logical name in a trusted logical name table, unfortunately.) Or if you're so inclined, you might try patching the OVO images to reference a different name for the file, and use that as a shim to insinuate the older images into the activation path. (Given this is security code, that shim may or may not work.)

Do call HP support, and let them know they apparently have another dependency issue with the SSL patch, if they haven't noticed this case already.
Joseph Bettro
Advisor

This is brand new system build so unfortunately no prior version of SSl exists. I don't want to take the chance of installing a prior version and breaking some other products. I've got a case open with HP for the OVO install issue...

Thanks