cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSSU utility on Openvms

Carl H Fero
Advisor

SSSU utility on Openvms

I am trying to get SSSU to work so I can "capture" my eva5000 configuration. I am trying to run the utility from an ES40 Alphaserver running OpenVMS 7.3-2. Below is the error I am encountering when I do a "run sssu_vms.exe
$ run sssu_vms.exe

NoSystemSelected> "SELECT MANAGER 172.16.40.333 USER=administrator PASS=xxxxWORD hEre"
^
Error: Syntax error at or near here
NoSystemSelected> EXIT
7 REPLIES 7
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

Re: SSSU utility on Openvms

hi,

what does it give as options if you put a "?"after the ip address.

EdgarZamora
Trusted Contributor

Do you actually have those quotation marks in your command or am I just seeing things? If so, remove the quotation marks.
Carl H Fero
Advisor

I took the double quotes off and I don't get an error but it just comes back to the prompt 1 second later like nothing happened...

GHS7> run SSSU_VMS.EXE

SSSU for HP StorageWorks Command View EVA 4.00 [v4.0.18]

NoSystemSelected> SELECT MANAGER 172.16.30.201 USER=administrator PASS=adminT353KF
NoSystemSelected> exit
GHS7>
EdgarZamora
Trusted Contributor

Well you actually haven't told SSSU to do any work. That's why. You will need to "select" the eva you want to work with then issue a capture config command. You might be better off posting in the Storage forum. Here is a thread there which might help you get started. There are other threads.

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447627+1241727820234+28353475&threadId=1160084

Carl H Fero
Advisor

Thanks. I'm going to go look in the Storage Forum and see what I can find.

The SSSU command sequence would be:
SELECT MANAGER 172.16.30.201 ...
LS SYSTEM
SELECT SYSTEM array-name-here
CAPTURE CONFIGURATION array-name-here.TXT
EXIT

Set up SSSU as a (global) symbol
$ SSSU :==$path:SSSU_VMS.EXE

Then you can have the commands in a control file. So if the above commands were in, say, GET-CONFIG.SSSU (note there is NO default file type for a SSSU control file), the command would look like:
$ SSSU "FILE GET-CONFIG.SSSU"

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Carl H Fero
Advisor

Thanks everyone for your input! This was my first time using this forum and have done the capture config today!