New Discussion юеВ

Re: SYSUAF

SOLVED
Go to solution
Peter Clarke
Regular Advisor

SYSUAF

Hi,

I have two ES40 server one is used as a standalone failover and i need to update it so that the users and passwords are the same on both machines.I have copied over the sysuaf.lis file but it still doesn't let me log in on the backup server with the same password as the live server.
Any ideas?

Thanks
26 REPLIES 26
Martin Vorlaender
Honored Contributor

Peter,

the .LIS file is a text listing of the SYSUAF data. The file used by the system is SYS$SYSTEM:SYSUAF.DAT.

cu,
Martin
Martin Vorlaender
Honored Contributor

... or the file the logical name SYSUAF points to, if it is defined.
Jim_McKinney
Honored Contributor

In addition to the SYSUAF.DAT that Martin has already noted, you'll likely want its friends; RIGHTSLIST.DAT, NETPROXY.DAT, and/or NET$PROXY.DAT.
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

And do ucx sho prox and verify if the usernames are the same.

Wim
Wim
Peter Clarke
Regular Advisor

I am getting a message that the file is locked.. Do i need to take the system down to get this file?
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor
Solution

Backup / ignore = interlock

THat tends to fine.

Better would be

$CONVERT/STAT/SHARE sysuaf sysuaf.copy

Hein.
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

Peter,

The file may be locked because someone is accessing it. A quick test on two of my systems reveals that a simple COPY can work (although admittedly those two systems are not heavily active with other users).

SHOW DEVICE/FILES will display all open files together with the process that has the file opened on the device. It can be a chore to go through, so I recommend routing the output to a file and using either SEARCH or an editor to search through the output.

One can also use CONVERT to copy SYSUAF. As a last resort, one can use BACKUP/IGNORE=INTERLOCK, but one must then take steps to ensure that one has a good copy (if someone was updating the file at the time the BACKUP was being taken, there may be inconsistencies).

Also, remember that RIGHTSLIST and the various proxy files need to be synchronized with SYSUAF.

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com
Peter Clarke
Regular Advisor

That worked thanks....
However now when i login i get the command line instead of the user menu that i had before... whats changed?
Peter Clarke
Regular Advisor

Seems to be the device it is $1$dka6: on live system but the home directory is on dra2: on the backup machine.
I changed it on one login and it worked.
Is there any way to change all users to point to this device? (easily)
I set up a logical pointing $1$dka6: to dra2: but this didn't work.