New Discussion юеВ

Re: Services problem on VMS 6.2 ucx 4.1

SOLVED
Go to solution
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

Dennis,

I just noticed that I had missed the second to last paragraph of your post.

It starts to sound like a security-related script to restrict logins to known IP addresses.

You may want to retain someone with expertise in OpenVMS to act in a consultative capacity if there is little DCL expertise in-house [Disclaimer: My firm provides services in this area, as do Hoff and Hein].

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

Dennis,

>>>
I was given a login and told it has admin/root privilages. My HPUX servers are stable as an ox so I took on this project. Looks like I have my hands full. =)
<<<

combined with Bob's

>>>
You may want to retain someone with expertise in OpenVMS to act in a consultative capacity if there is little DCL expertise in-house [Disclaimer: My firm provides services in this area, as do Hoff and Hein].
<<<

I would say, in principle VMS is much clearer and more transparent than any Unix, but, that can be more than offset by relative experience!

Although not for free, DO consider the offer! (and I am NOT one of the offering parties, I just want to promote what is benificial for VMS).
Money spent on (those expert) consultancies is WELL spent, both curative and educational.

fwiw

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe

Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
DennisKennedy
Occasional Advisor

I definately agree. I will contact via email tomorrow.

Thanks!