5717 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Software menu lock in OpenMVS

Quirin
Occasional Advisor

Software menu lock in OpenMVS

Hi,

We have an OpenMVS 7.3 with a specific software for our business. This software ran weel but there are some problems. The problem is that some menu on the software are now, not available. We use the command "Purge" to delete some old files that takes some space on the partition and fill it to 0 bytes.

I don't understant why it was right and now why the some menu are locks, and i don't know to unlock them.

Could you help me to resolve this problem

Thanks
Jean-Christophe.quirin@kymades.com
3 REPLIES 3
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Re: Software menu lock in OpenMVS

Jean-Christophe,

welcome to the OpenVMS ITRC forum.

Unfortunately, your problem description does not contain enough information to provide any meaningful help.

Let's start with the usual questions:

- what command or action within your application do you try to execute ?

- do you get any kind of error message ?

Without any kind of recognizable OpenVMS-related error message, it would be hard to provide any help, if you don't know what's supposed to happen in your application and now apparently doesn't.

Volker.
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

Jean-Christophe,

From your description, there is quite a bit of missing information. The menu system you are using is unidentified, but if the ONLY thing that was done to the system was a PURGE, a file that was important to the menu system must have been deleted.

Having implemented several menuing systems of varying levels of sophistication on OpenVMS, it is difficult to speculate on precisely what is happening without access to the actual menu system involved (or at least a good documentation set).

Do you have more (or can you get more information)?

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Discussed and solved in the following thread:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=984216

Volker.