108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Stop IP on a decserver

Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

I think I got it. Thank you Google.
I'm using version 2.1.

Incorrect IP address assigned when booting from Flash RAM -- When Network Access Software Version 2.3A or 2.3B boots from Flash RAM on an Access Server unit that has no IP address defined in NVRAM, the
IP address becomes set to a constant and bogus value of 65.77.0.0. It cannot be cleared (i.e. IP disabled), but it can be manually changed to a legal value. This affects DS700, DS900 and AS316 units. DS90TL and DS90M units are not affected. This problem has been fixed in Version 2.3B.01, which is identified on the Access
Server displays as software base level BL49-62a.
Wim
Terry Yeomans
Frequent Advisor

Wim,
the easiest way is to type
DEF INT MASK NONE
DEF INTER ADDRESS NONE
INIT DELAY 0
This will clear out your internet details and reboot as well (which is needed to complete the job).
Regards Terry.
Colin Butcher
Esteemed Contributor

http://www.digitalnetworks.net/dr/dnas/3.2/documentation/CG-DNAS0-00.pdf might prove useful.

I think that you're trying to do the impossible. I think that you need to restart the DECserver in order to remove the IP address.

So, use DEFINE and then restart it. You'll want to test that it restarts correctly anyway.
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem (Occam's razor).
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Terry : doesn't work.

Colin : that's what I just found out. But even with reboot it doesn't work.

Wim
Wim
Terry Yeomans
Frequent Advisor

Wim,
well it's always worked ok for us when we've done typo errors on a server.
The only other option I can think of is to re-initialize the server.
Power cycle the server, then immediately push an object into the hole at the bottom of the server. You will then have a flashing light at the top end of the server, then release.
Hope this isn't an already tried method.
Regards Terry.
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Correction on version number.

TSM is version 2.1.

But the terminal server(s) having the problem have 2.3a. I have some with 2.2 and they don't have the problem.

So I guess it is the quoted problem.

Wim
Wim
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

I did a tcp trace and found that nodes that received 65.77.0.0 with dhcp disabled no longer have traffic.

The tcp counters on the decserver confirm this.

However, I do get counter of 1 connection dropped and 1 even 17 connections dropped.
But not increasing. While they don't have IP.

Wim
Wim