Operating System - OpenVMS
1753936 Members
10014 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Switching from 10base2 to AUI (4000/705)

al.johnston
Occasional Advisor

Switch the two halfs of the wifi hardware from what is obvious.

Connect each of the UFH-R's to its own wifi/10baseT media converter or to its own wifi/10baseT router/switch. The latter is what you connect to the 10baseT to Cable internet (from cable) media convert. (It is just over kill in this situation, but will work fine and will be easier to find, and possibly cheaper because of the volume that are sold)

We would config that wifi box via a normal pc and then hook it to one of the UFH-R.
Thank you for your anser on the two parts. Greatful.

pretty sure I have ruled out everything at this point. I have done this stuff before, but it was a while back.

Problem with using the 10base2 connector was that everything on the net scream about to many collisions. This was true (for the problem system) even when all that was connected was a tee and two terminator.

Problem with using AUI was the carrier absent or carrier framing errors.
al.johnston
Occasional Advisor

Da--! Please ignore the above message. Here is what should have been posted:

Thank you for your anser on the two parts. Greatful.

pretty sure I have ruled out everything at this point. I have done this stuff before, but it was a while back.

Problem with using the 10base2 connector was that everything on the net scream about to many collisions. This was true (for the problem system) even when all that was connected was a tee and two terminator.

Problem with using AUI was the carrier absent or carrier framing errors.