HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Operating System - OpenVMS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sysman PCSI Installation

Deepak kumar_3
Frequent Advisor

Sysman PCSI Installation

I am trying to install the product(.pcsi) on other node of cluster using sysman utility, but it is not installing.Reason for this i am trying to install product on impersonter node only.

$mc sysman
sysman> set environment/node=nodename
sysman> do product install productname/source=[pcsi destination]
it going upto some point and after that it is coming out with sysman prompt only.infact while installing it has to ask some question to the user but before that only it coming out.

what i am trying is it posiable or not. If yes
where am i going wrong.
Waiting for reply.

Regards
Deepak
4 REPLIES
Martin P.J. Zinser
Honored Contributor

Re: Sysman PCSI Installation

Hi,

I've answered this one already in the Linux forum ;-) at

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=402609

Was that answer insufficient? If yes, please elaborate further on your problem.

Greetings, Martin
Deepak kumar_3
Frequent Advisor

Hi Martin,

Thanks for suggestion.
I want to install product (.pcsi) on the cluster impersonater node only.
Example.
In two node cluster i am installing the product on node X which is not impersonator node then from node X only i should find the impersanator and install on that node for this reason i am trying to use VMS sysman utility. since my product require some question to be answered and here it getting failed.

Deepak
labadie_1
Honored Contributor

I do not believe you need to install your product depending on various conditions.

You should may be start it only on the impersonator node, but you should install it on all nodes of a cluster.
Martin P.J. Zinser
Honored Contributor

As pointed out earlier, if this installation goes to sys$common, you only need to install once, independent of the node where you install.

If you really need to answer interactive questions, SYSMAN is a no-go. Set host/log is your friend, providing you even with a trail of what you did. If interactive then there is also no advantage I can see from using SYSMAN.

If you just need to answer the options questions see my answer to your post in the Linux forum.

Greetings, Martin