SOLVED
Go to solution
Donna Wolf
Advisor

System account failure

I have added a 3rd node to a cluster
sysuaf is shared
System account had been working on this node from decnet/console/batch jobs
system account mysteriously quit working on that node yesterday.
the last thing I did prior to my noticing its demise was configure TCPware not unusual,but I have redid that several times over
and even left tcpware down. rebooted the server etc...
I can log into that node using other accounts (telnet,decnet,console all means).
system account works fine on the other nodes
there is only one login.com in the common shared by this account.
It does not matter if I set host, telnet or use console, batch jobs where user=system it still fails on that node.
the error in accounting is Final status text: %SYSTEM-F-EXITFORCED, forced exit of image or
process by SYS$DELPRC
14 REPLIES 14
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

Re: System account failure

Donna,

There are many possibilities.

One of the first that I would try is perhaps the /NOCOMMAND switch at the username prompt (e.g., Username: system/nocommand). This suppresses the automatic execution of LOGIN file (documented in the HELP text).

You could then do a SET VERIFY and execute LOGIN.COM and see what happens.

There are other possibilities, but the first step is identifying precisely what is failing.

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com
Donna Wolf
Advisor

Thks, worth a try but same result still will not let me in...
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

Donna,

If /NOCOMMAND does not work. Have you tried putting a SET VERIFY in a node-specific version of SYS$MANAGER:SYLOGIN.COM?

Donna Wolf
Advisor

yes - but tried again (just in case) - same result
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

Donna,

If I understand this thread correctly, the process is forced exit and you are not even sure that the SYLOGIN.COM is executed?

Can you post the settings for this account?

Hoff
Honored Contributor

SYSUAF is one of about twenty files that should be shared within a cluster. It's quite common to miss one or two of these files, and various weirdnesses can ensue.

Skim through SYLOGICALS.TEMPLATE and ensure that *all* of the files listed there are shared across all nodes in the cluster.

Remember to try a SHOW INTRUSION, too. It's possible you've received some sort of a sequence of failures and have a DoS on the SYSTEM username, for instance.

In addition to accounting, also review security auditing to see what's written there. Accounting doesn't get all the details.

I'll assume you have tried the SYSTEM login from the OPA0: console on the target box, too.

Check for login limits on SYSTEM, too.

It's also possible for any number of other triggers to arise here, including some local software management application or terminal timeout program that has gone rogue here. Or password management tools, etc.

Or get somebody in to have a look at the box.

Donna Wolf
Advisor

Correct in answer to your question. It is force exit, I am not sure
that login is executed (but all testing and logic makes me 99% sure it is not being executed)
Don't forget it is a cluster with shared and sysuaf and login and system account works on my other 2 nodes
attached system account
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

Donna,

Thank you for the additional material.

I would agree with Hoff, this can be caused by any number of problems (I presume that you have checked the logical names for the RIGHTSLIST and other files to ensure that they point to the correct (same) files on all three nodes.

I do not seen anything that "jumps off the page" with regards to the AUTHORIZE SHOW SYSTEM output.

Since accounting is running, have you determined which image is running when the process is deleted?

This may be one of those that is hard to troubleshoot in the forum. It may be one that needs the actual access to the system [Disclosure: We provide such services, as does Hoff and other regular contributors).

Donna Wolf
Advisor

thanks-
I checked the logicals for sysuaf only - thanks for reminding me of the others.
but they are common too!

Thank you both --