New Discussion юеВ

T4 and CSVPNG problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
John A.  Beard
Regular Advisor

T4 and CSVPNG problem

Hi folks,

I am running T4 / CSVPNG on OpenVMS for the first time. I ran an initial test against an almost idle development box for just a couple of hours. I have since copied the HTM file (binary) back to my desktop along with the PNG files (not sure if they had to come across in the first place).

As per the attached document, you can see the files that I am working with, along with the HTML file. When I try and open the HTML file, I get what you can see at the bottom of the attached doc.

Any and all advice gratefully received.
Glacann fear cr├нonna comhairle.
7 REPLIES 7
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

Re: T4 and CSVPNG problem

> Any and all [...]

If I were seeking help from VMS users, I
wouldn't attach a Microsoft Word document to
describe the problem.
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Hmm, I don't 'see' the problem in the attached .DOC file.
This is not a way I use T4.
Mostly I zip up the T4...csv files from OpenVMS, move them to a PC and do teh Tlviz and csvpng thing on the PC.

You indicate 'binary' for the .htm file.
Is is? What does DIR/FULL show?
If it is variable length records then transferring it binary (image) mode to Windoze will not work. Windows does not kown what to make of the 16-bits of length word before each data record. Try Ascii (test) mode?!

Hein.
Rick Dyson
Valued Contributor
Solution

In the word doc, you have a IE capture that shows the HTML setup and then the embedded, in-line images (which are broken). Those are the PNG files you mentioned you were not sure they had to come.

The HTML and PNG files will all be "relative" so they have to stay together, etc.

Do you have Mozilla on your OpenVMS box? Just view the HTM file generated directly from it to your PC or DECWindow... Cut out the moving from one system to another and potentially contaminating the files.

BTW, HTM(L) files are always "ASCII", so they should be transfered via FTP as such. PNG files are indeed BINARY and should be transferred in "BIN" or image format. Somethings GUI FTP clients for Windows do the right thing, other times they don't...

Regards,
Rick
John A.  Beard
Regular Advisor

Thanks Rick... appreciate your points

Before going any further down the path with CSVPNG, I am also looking at TLViz. I have just installed it on my desktop on the advice of HP, but I had to get back to them with a question relating to the coice of CSV file name. I'll update things once I have heard back from them.
John A.  Beard
Regular Advisor

I may well revisit the issue of CSVPNG again at a later timr, but in the mean time I'll stick with TLViz.
John A.  Beard
Regular Advisor

I may well revisit the issue of CSVPNG again at a later timr, but in the mean time I'll stick with TLViz... sorry for ther repeated message
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

for the latest version of TLviz and CSVPNG you should be getting them from

http://trendsthatmatter.com/nbu/t4-tools/index.html