1753774 Members
7180 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

T4 metrics dictionary

Art Morlock_1

T4 metrics dictionary

Is there a metrics dictionary for the VMS T4 performance data collector?
If not, what documents are recommended that describe performance metrics?

TIA,
Art
2 REPLIES 2
John Gillings
Honored Contributor

Re: T4 metrics dictionary

Art,

I'm not sure I understand your question. T4 is more of a framework for collecting and maintaining time line data. The key is the output file format.

Collectors can come from anywhere, as long as they conform to the CSV format. The default installation has several collectors, including MONITOR data. See the MONITOR documentation for descriptions of those metrics. Other than that, see the performance management manual.

A crucible of informative mistakes
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

Re: T4 metrics dictionary

There is not a central document for each of the metrics collected by T4. The items with names starting mon are collected by MONITOR and descriptions can be found in the MONITOR Utility manual. The ACLG items are derived from the ACCOUNTNG utility and more information may be found in the documentation for that utility. The other items are from specially written data collectors (and you can add your own) and, as far as I know, there is not a document describing them. A description of the items can usually be guessed from the names. On VMS V8.2 where T4 is using TDC V2 then see the TDC documentatio