Operating System - OpenVMS
1751836 Members
5163 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: TNT-OpenVMS Management Station: Help with an obscure error code?

SOLVED
Go to solution
MarkOfAus
Valued Contributor

TNT-OpenVMS Management Station: Help with an obscure error code?

VMS 7.3-2, TNT 3.3 (DEC-AXPVMS-TNT-V0303-1.ZIP) installed. Running as user SYSTEM. Console is on Windoze XP (again, the same version; the latest one available).

The TNT console comes up, and a list of users, printer queues and disk devices show as expected.

When selecting a user, if I select the "Flags" tab in the user's property (after right clicking or double-clicking the user's name), I get this error message: %TNT-F-INVITEMCODE, invalid item code 436. After incurring the wrath of the application, all subsequent clicks on the tabs, any tab, results in this error.

If I then close the user's property, select another user at random and click, for example, the Accounting, Mail or Network Proxies tabs, the tabs are shown as expected. When I select the tab for "Flags", the above error message occurs.

Any assistance on where I can find out why/how this error is occurring and a resolution would be just wonderful. Even a pointer to some boffin at HP would suffice.

Thanks for your time,
Regards
Mark.
5 REPLIES 5
Bill Hall
Honored Contributor

Mark,

The last time I looked at TNT, some of the newer flags were not supported. In particular, EXTAUTH was not supported and may still be unsupported. I would look at the account you are getting the error on and might expect to find EXTAUTH, PWDMIX or VMSAUTH.

Bill
Bill Hall
Hoff
Honored Contributor
Solution

This does certainly look to be a bug in the TNT stuff, and the support contract and the customer support center is the path to contact the sustaining engineering folks and toward receiving remediation.

marsh_1
Honored Contributor

mark,

i get the same for v7.3 and v7.3-1 but it works on v8.3 with tnt 3.3 !
MarkOfAus
Valued Contributor

Bill,

No luck there, most accounts have DisCtlY and DefCLI, but some have no flags. All accounts experience the same situation it seems, regardless.

Regards
Mark
MarkOfAus
Valued Contributor

No known public solution. I will contact our HP support to see what apples they can shake from the tree...
Thanks to all who replied.