8835 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Taking HP-CSA for OpenVMS

Andrew Moody_1
Regular Advisor

Taking HP-CSA for OpenVMS

Hi all

I just passed today my HP-CSA for HP-UX and I was wondering what the comparable qualification and exam was like for OpenVMS. HP-UX is my primary responsibility and I'm going to push on with the CSE for that, but I'd like to a least get the CSA for OpenVMS too as that is our primary server OS at work.

I've found all sorts of sample tests and books published for the HP-UX CSA and I wondered if anyone knew what resource are around to support candidates for the OpenVMS CSA.

Cheers
A sobering thought: What if, right at this very moment, I am living up to my full potential?
3 REPLIES 3
Heinz W Genhart
Honored Contributor

Re: Taking HP-CSA for OpenVMS

Hi Andrew

a good starting point should be

http://certification.portal.emea.hp.com/WelcomePage.asp

Hope that helps

Regards

Heinz
Andy Bustamante
Honored Contributor

Congratulations Andrew on the new cert.

The VMS exams were designed with the idea practical experience is required. You can see exam guides at http://h10017.www1.hp.com/certification/americas/active_exams.html. There sample questions included. The Exam Objectives section defines the scope of knowledge you're expected to be familiar with.

I certified as an Alphaserver/VMS ASE when I was with a Compaq reseller.

Andy Bustamante

If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? Reach me at first_name + "." + last_name at sysmanager net
Andrew Moody_1
Regular Advisor

Cheers I've got 3 years experience on a 3 node ES40 cluster with a couple of Alphaserver 800's DS25's thrown in. All on 7-2.1 Just acquired a couple of rx7640's and a 4640 for VMS, so it's not that practicalities that scare me, it's the book work, the detail in's and out's the theory and detail behind the bigger picture stuff we do every day.
A sobering thought: What if, right at this very moment, I am living up to my full potential?