New Discussion юеВ

Time Change and VMS732_UPDATE-V0800

SOLVED
Go to solution
M C_1
Advisor

Time Change and VMS732_UPDATE-V0800

Hello everyone,

Quick question about update-v0800. Getting ready for time change this weekend and noticed update-v0800 was available. Seems Update-v0800 includes VMS732_TZ-V0200.

The TZ-v0200 patch has a dependency of acrtl-v0300.

However, update-v0800 does not include acrlt-v0300.

Is this a problem? We perform a manual time change (i.e. not using auto_dlight_sav), so I was testing time change on our test box and with update 8 applied, was not able to successfully complete time change. The following logicals don't get set properly:
sys$timezone_daylight_saving and sys$timezone_name

I also tested applying acrtl-v0300 after update-v0800 with success.

Also tested just update-v0700 + acrtl-v0300 with success.

So should'nt there be a requirement for update-v0800 to include acrtl-v0300?

Thanks - MC
It is what it is!
5 REPLIES 5
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Re: Time Change and VMS732_UPDATE-V0800

MC,

when installing current patches, it is always a good idea to read the current MASTER_ECO_LIST, which will list all patches NOT included in the most recent UPDATE kit.

This would be easier than reading all release notes for all patches included in the UPDATE kit.

Volker.
M C_1
Advisor

Volker - point well taken. However, this is exactly how I came upon this situation. I originally was only going to install TZ-v0200. But then I saw update-v0800 released.

I guess my point is, yes acrtl is not included in update-v0800 as specified in the master_eco_list, but, shouldn't there be a dependency for acrtl-v0300 in the update details?
It is what it is!
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor
Solution

MC,

some ECO kits are never included in any UPDATE kit (like PCSI and ACRTL) and need to be installed and maintained somewhat separately.

As the PCSI kit dependency is listed, one might expect the ACRTL dependency to be listed as well. But the ACRTL is a dependency called for by an included patch, whereas the PCSI dependency is for the UPDATE kit itself.

I'm assuming that the dependency tracking does not take into account this situation.

When you're trying to download the VMS732_TZ-V0200 patch from ITRC, it will automatically pull in the VMS732_UPDATE-V0800 and VMS732_PCSI-V0300 kit, but NOT the VMS732_ACRTL-V0300 kit.

This looks like a bug in the kit dependency processing.

Volker.
M C_1
Advisor

Great - I'm not loosing my mind...

Yes, this situation is most evident for someone like me, who is a bit behind on my patches.

However, I agree that if one were to look at the items NOT included in the Master ECO, additional research would be warranted.

Thanks..

MC
It is what it is!
comarow
Trusted Contributor

It would seem that if an update patch has stated prerequisites, you should not have to install any other patches other than what is stated. You would hope that engineering has included the necessary images in Update 8.

If that doesn't work, you should definately log a call with HP's- this should be clearly added or fixed.