108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Troubleshooting Mount Verification

SOLVED
Go to solution
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1125853&admit=109447627+1203514682498+28353475

I had that problem too and still have. Found in January that when a tape drive not on the san was replaced, some disks on the san went into MV too.

I just ignore them (have other stuff monitored to detect disks that fail).

Wim
Wim
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Didn't see "thousands of errors". Indeed a disk getting bad I would say. But I had disks that gave many errors but then stabilized and got used for several years without errors (but it was shadowed).

Wim
Wim
Mike Lievre
Occasional Contributor

Thanks everyone for your input.

As expected, I have a sick disk. I didn't realize DECevent was still usable and not just no longer supported. It's been so long since I've used it I forgot the useful information it can produce. After reinstalling the software it certainly directed me straight to the offending disk (as well a few other interesting bits of information).

WEBES and SEA has obviously fallen down for me so I'll have to get that back on track as well.

Thanks again.
Hoff
Honored Contributor

AFAIK, you can need as many as all three tools installed as your system; ANALYZE /ERROR /ELV (part of recent OpenVMS releases), DECevent DIAGNOSE, and Compaq Analyze/SEA, as the set of errors and events each can decode can and does differ; a non-overlapping set.