New Discussion юеВ

Re: UCX - NTP and UTC time difference

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael Yu_3
Valued Contributor

Hi Bradford,

Yes, AUTO_DLIGHT_SAV is Alpha only. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks and regards.

Michael
Alex  Daniels
Frequent Advisor

AUTO_DLIGHT_SAV is _not_ Alpha only.

It's present on all VMS 64bit platforms, and worked perfectly on my Itanium boxes last week.
Raymond P. Manyik
Occasional Advisor

Thank you all for your responses. I am on a trip and will not be back at the office for the next couple of weeks. I will try the example command file and see if there takes care of it all.

Michael, is DTSS a part of UCX that I could turn on or is it another product?

If I am going to set up a batch file to ├в reset├в the time difference and local times, do I need to restart the NTPD process or does it check the time difference logical on a periodic basis? If I need to kill is should I just use the VMS commands to blow it away or is there some suggested UCX commands to just stop and restart that one process?

Thank you again for the help. The message from Mike Reznak was a big key to get me to a place where I only have a problem twice a year. If I can get it set up to run on its own, that would completely close it out for me. Since I won├в t be back in the office for a couple of weeks this thread will be in limbo.

Thanks
Ray
Michael Yu_3
Valued Contributor

Hi Ray,

DTSS is part of DECnet/OSI.

You can stop NTP with UCX$NTPD_SHUTDOWN.COM and start NTP with UCX$NTPD_STARTUP.COM.

NTP should be sending and receiving UTC time. The system time displayed will use the timezone differentials.

Thanks and regards.

Michael
Raymond P. Manyik
Occasional Advisor

I believe that I now have enough information to be able to set up the system to operate with NTP and to make the transitions to and from DST.

Thanks for all the help

Ray