1752587 Members
3990 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: UCX Programming UDP

Indiana Jones

UCX Programming UDP

I got a problem with UCX. The communication (QIO) to a Windows XP system is not possible. The node/port is declared as UNREACHABLE.
The same program is working fine with a DOS box.
Is the UCX version 4.0 the main reason for that (as I expect). Do I have to upgrade the system? To which version? Where can I get it?
Any input is appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
John Gillings
Honored Contributor

Indiana,

IP is IP, it shouldn't matter what stack you're using to get basic stuff like reachability. That said, UCX 4.0 is very old, so it's probably a good idea to upgrade to a more recent version. You haven't mentioned what version of OpenVMS you're running, so I can't say what you should be looking for.

Kits are on the consolidated distribution, or (for TCPIP), on the layered products disk distributed with OpenVMS kits.

I'd be interested to see a program using $QIO that runs on a DOS system! Try some basic checks like:

$ UCX PING target-host
$ TELNET target-host

to see if your problem is systemic (ie: nothing works), or something specific to your program (the above will succeed to some extend, but your program still fails).
A crucible of informative mistakes
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

> The node/port is declared as UNREACHABLE.

Who declares this, and how? Actual code and
actual status values might be more helpful
than colorful but vague descriptions.

Do other network operations (ping, Telnet,
traceroute, ...) between these systems work
or fail? (Actual commands with actual
output this time?)

> Is the UCX version 4.0 the main reason for
> that [...]

Probably depends on exactly what "that" is.

> To which version?

Probably depends on where you plan to put it.

> Where can I get it?

Probably depends on what it is. HP still
sells its products, I believe. Other folks
sell theirs.
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

Indiana Jones,

As has been mentioned, does PING and/or TRACEROUTE work? "Unreachable" implies a problem with either the specification of the network address or the underlying specification of the interfaces access to the network. More details about the network and the configuration of the interfaces (including IP address, subnet mask, gateway address, and any specified routes) would be extremely helpful.

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com