Operating System - OpenVMS
1748093 Members
6016 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: UCX$TELNETSYM and FORMS

Tania Percy

UCX$TELNETSYM and FORMS

In my dcps$startup.com and have set the queues to use a form. Iniitally this worked no problem. I recently had to change the processor on one queue from dcps$smb to ucx$telnetsym and now I can't get the queue to use the form. The UCX version is 3.3. I am using the following:
init/queue LNC02$queue/processor=ucx$telnetsym/start/on="XXXXXX:XXXXX"/form_mounted=confidential/library=dcps_lib.
I have created a ps1.tlb and inserted the confidential form and added the tlb to the dcps$startup. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Also when changing form_mounted to form= or setup= I get a sys$devctl.tlb.tlb not found. Any help is greatly appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Hi Tania,
first your UCX si very very old; I hint upgrade.
Also you are using a mixed environment DCPS and UCX: I never try it and may be doen't work; if you will use UCX$TELNETSYM processor you have use a standard queue, not a DCPS queue, so you could omit /LIB or declare /LIB=SYS$DEVCTL (that's default library); SYS$DEVCTL must exist in SYS$LIBRARY.

H.T.H.
Antoniov
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Tania Percy

I'm getting an "error opening sys$library:dcps_lib.tlb as input, file not found. I'm going to try putting the form in sys$devctl. Thanks.
Lokesh_2
Esteemed Contributor

Hi ,

Check for logical DCPS_LIB . It should point to proper libraries ( default DCPS$DEVCTL). You can also add one or more libraries to this logical( i.e. define search logical) .

HTH,
Best regards,
Lokesh

What would you do with your life if you knew you could not fail?
Karl Rohwedder
Honored Contributor

A question aside: why did you change the processor from DCPS -> TELNET?
Tania Percy

NetPocket Elite has recently been added to the printer and is being used as a workaround which is the reason for the ucx$telnetsym. If dcps and ucx don't work together, does anyone know of another workaround, possibly a way to download the code to the printer or routing to a windows NT print queue? I have added the same form code to redefine the showpage operator to the windows separator page and it works fine.
Thanks for all your help.
Lokesh_2
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

You can create a LPD queue , which will redirect your jobs to an existing queue on NT printserver. For this you have to enable LPD services both on NT server and VMS .

On VMS end, you can create an lpd queue with command:

$mc ucx$lprsetup

This is menu driven, so easy to define queue here. If you face any problem, just post again.

HTH,
Best regards,
Lokesh
Tania Percy

Still unable to get ucx$telnet/form to work but I created a LPR port on Windows and I am able to print, but I'm not getting the windows nt banner that I have set up, I am getting a banner page in large text. Does anyone know where this banner page is? If so I could add the overlay postscript code or just try use the windows nt .sep code? Sorry for all the questions I'm not familiar in this area, many thanks.
Lokesh_2
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tania,

What are the contents of your banner page ??
Anyway there is a logical to suppress flag pages from VMS . Just define the following logical:

$define/system ucx$lpd_vms_flagpages 1

Thanks & regards,
Lokesh
Lokesh_2
Esteemed Contributor

forgot to mention, after defining above logical, stop/restart your queue for logical to take effect.

Best wishes,
Lokesh