7593 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: UCX to TCPIP

Mainak
Advisor

UCX to TCPIP

Hi ,
I used to check the UCX memory usage and the limits for the small and large buffers in UCX 4.2 using the command -
UCX SHOW COMM and UCX SHOW COMM / MEM ..

But after upgrade in TCPIP V5.1 the above-mentioned commands are giving completely different screen. My server is not have enough memory to cope up with any amount of Mbuf. Now -

Q1. how could I check the Max and Min value for the large and small buffers in V5.1?

Q2. What happens with all the parameters and settings during the upgrade? DoesnтАЩt it automatically gets transferred during the upgrade ?

Thanks,

Mainak

3 REPLIES 3
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

memory management in TCPIP V5.x is completely different to UCX V4.x - forget about MBUFs etc.

See this
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/732final/6631/6631pro.html

for tuning info on TCPIP V5.x

Thanks for your reply. It is showing the sb_max = 1048576 ( when I am using -q option)

and -

sb_max - type=UNIT op=CRQ min_val=0 max_val=4294967295

and sominconn=1 ; somaxconn=1024

Could you please tell me how I could calculate the memory usage for the socket connection from this information ?
Mainak
Advisor

Thanks for your reply. It is showing the sb_max = 1048576 ( when I am using -q option)

and -

sb_max - type=UNIT op=CRQ min_val=0 max_val=4294967295 ( with -Q option)

and sominconn=1 ; somaxconn=1024

Could you please tell me how I could calculate the memory usage for the socket connection from this information ?