6235 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unicenter Event management

Sunil_uk
Frequent Advisor

Unicenter Event management

Hi,
I have few VAX/VMS (Open VMS 7.1) servers insttaled with Unicenter event management agent v2.4.2 and a server with unicentre event management server.
Local profile has been created to generate events in case of a failure and is doing the job.
Is there any way to get alert on the console screen automatically when ever there is an event.?
Presently the events are generated and I am able to see the events by doing the follwoing

on the unicenter server>set consolidator
> show events.

I want get a pop up on the console screen when ever there is some critical events occurs.
Any body can help?
I am also uning unicentre console manangement and performance mamanagement also along with these.
4 REPLIES 4
Edwin Gersbach_2
Valued Contributor

Hi Sunil,

As you say 'a pop up on the console screen' I guess you use a graphics console.

I don't know about such a thing as a popup window, but you might open a DECterm dedicated for event viewing. There you enter the comand

$ SENSE WATCH SHOW EVENT/CONTINUOUS

It will show you all current events.

Edwin
Sunil_uk
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
Thank you fro the reply... But the consolidator ID gets changed at a particular frequency
To get the events, we need to set the session to the consolidator ID.

I am also using console c3 (console management) to access the console of all the configured servers and am able to view that in a GUI. Few console events area displayed on that but the events configured using the profile are not displayed except the console manager own events like console manger connected/disconnected.
Is there a way to get other configured events also in this console screen?
Peter Zeiszler
Trusted Contributor

If you are using only one consolidator you can define the consolidator to your current ID.
Example to point to consolidator 93:
show sys/proc=*sns#cons*
(returns)
SNS$CONS_93
(get the ID number at the end of the process name)
defin/system/exec SNS$CONSOLIDATOR_ID 93

We setup our monitor to send emails to us for specific events.

The show /cont is the way to setup for events to show on the current screen. I don't know of any other "pop up". You might be able to write one as part of the event handling.
Sunil_uk
Frequent Advisor

Thank you...