7887 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unzip with ODS-5

Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Unzip with ODS-5

Hi,

I have a zip file made on NT containing files with spaces in their names. I created an ODS-5 disk and now wants to restore them with the same names as on the PC.

I got unzip 5.41 but this program replaces the spaces by underscores. (I did set proc/par=ex)

How can I do it ?
Wim
7 REPLIES 7
Martin P.J. Zinser
Honored Contributor

Hello,

use vmstar ;-) Seriously, while you are a number of revisions behind on UnZip (5.50 being the current one) ODS-5 support has never been added to it. It has been added to vmstar since a while, so if you can tar the files on your PC that would be a workaround.

Greetings, Martin
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Nice but I need unzip.
Wim
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

you could try jar (part of the java stuff) as I think it unzips files and has some extended filespec handling

Can you serve the destination directory as a file share to your NT server and send the files from there to your ODS-5 disk? Most AlphaServers have at least 1 or 2 client access licensed embedded in the enterprise integration package (along with DECnet, TCP/IP, ..).
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Nope.
Really need a program able to unzip.
Wim
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Hello Wim,
I think there is no way using unzip; I tryed with UNZIP 5.42 and it's the same.

@Antoniov
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Martin P.J. Zinser
Honored Contributor

Hello Wim,

as I wrote in my first posting, UnZip currently simply does not support ODS-5 file specs. You do have the choice of updating the source yourself (after all it is open source ;-). If you are interested contact me at
zinser@zinser.no-ip.info and I shall give you the location of the latest development sources (5.51x is the current development branch).

Greetings, Martin

P.S. I did hear rumors about ODS-5 enabled versions of Zip/UnZip being available inside hp. I never was able to confirm them and whatever changes are required definitly never made it into the official code base.