3900 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Use SMH Mib values on older systems and other OS

Peter Zeiszler
Trusted Contributor

Use SMH Mib values on older systems and other OS

Hi,

I just installed SMH on a new itanium system running 8.4.  Is there any way to take the MIB values from SMH and port it to Alpha running Multinet so that the same data could be pulled/pooled and sent to snmp trap systems?

I found the translation of the mib values to words in DATA.htdocs.webagent]cpqmibmap.txt.

For the record - I dont' work with MIB much - used to use insight manager but that was nixed quite some time ago.

2 REPLIES 2
Jeremy Begg
Trusted Contributor

Re: Use SMH Mib values on older systems and other OS

Hi Peter,

Do you mean you want to monitor your AlphaServers, based on the same MIBs that are part of SMH?

It might depend on which version of VMS you're running.  Have you actually tried to install the Insight Management Agents on your AlphaServers?  Yes it's no longer a supported product, but it might still work.

I'm yet to look at SMH myself, but expect to rather soon.

Regards,
Jeremy Begg

Peter Zeiszler
Trusted Contributor

Re: Use SMH Mib values on older systems and other OS

I haven't tried to install the insight agent anywhere.  The alpha servers are older OS and running Multinet (OpenVMS 7.3-2).

We also have older alpha running HP TCPIP stack (OpenVMS 8.2).

We are implementing SMH on test nodes atm and are evaluating the impact to everything because it requires the CSWS and bunch of other things installed and configured.