5432 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Usermanager Replacement

John Eerenberg
Valued Contributor

Usermanager Replacement

We are upgrading to Itanium.
UserManager won't be ready in the time frame we need.
Does anyone know of another production that will setup user accounts?
It is better to STQ then LDQ
4 REPLIES 4
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Re: Usermanager Replacement

Raxco account manager ?
http://www.raxco.co.uk/products.asp

Wim
Wim
Jan van den Ende
Honored Contributor

John,

How big is the organisation?

If not too small it might be a wise idea to roll one yourself, which takes its input from the personnel system mutations.
It saves time, but the biggest advantage: always (well, nearly, allow for the update interval) SYNCHRONOUS personnel & SYSUAF info.
And that includes the biggest source of errors: human typos.

Side advantage (especially when users see some of their personal info reflected in the displays of some of the apps): any complaints about inaccuracies are diverted to the personnel department, so you get quality (of data) improvement there as well!

(in the month after we introduced this, the number of _KNOWN_ errors in the personnel system dropped from 5% to below 0.5%, just because of users nagging about misspelled names or inaccurate placement -- just harden yourself against complaint from that staff about the inordinate extra workload :-) )

just my EUR 0.02

Proost.

Have one on me.

jpe
Don't rust yours pelled jacker to fine doll missed aches.
Heinz W Genhart
Honored Contributor

Hi John

there is another product called XUAFMAESTRO. Its a Motif based application to manipulate accounts on OpenVMS. We are using this product since many years. We have 700 machines and 3500 users.

I currently don't know the name of the company, but as far as I know its located in Switzerland. If you are interested I can find out more.

Regards

Heinz
Heinz W Genhart
Honored Contributor

Hi John

The name of the producer of XUAFMAESTRO is HIS Software ( www.hissoft.com ).
I currently don't know if XUAFMAESTRO is portet to Itanium.

Regards

Heinz