1753783 Members
6963 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VMS 5.X Manuals

bkelly13
Advisor

VMS 5.X Manuals

I may be able to get two full sets of VMS manuals. One set of the grey binders and one that I believe is basically white but in a paperback bound form, about letter size pages. Are these worth any significant effort? What about the CD ROMs from 5.5 and earlier. There are about 8 or more CDs per release.
8 REPLIES 8
Hoff
Honored Contributor

If you're looking to sell it, then that's fairly tough, and you know its worth and how much storing it (until somebody wants it) will cost you.

If you're looking to preserve it or use it or scan it or other such, then you know its worth.

Old manuals and such are usually on the "cover the shipping" price tier, and the ConOLD and ConDOC (or whatever you have here) do see some occasional interest.

If you're looking to get rich here, um, no.
bkelly13
Advisor

I'm not looking to make a profit, I don't need them. If anyone wants them FOB near the space center in florida, I will try (that's try, not certain) to get them. Otherwise they will probably end up in the dumpster.
What about a VAX FT810, two of them but only half of each running, no disk drives. And a VAX FT110, running last time it was up, but the boards were pulled and disk driver removed.
Again, I don't care about any profit, but if someone needs them, I "might" be able to help.
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

If you get no better offers, I might be able
to justify the shipping (to 55105, if you'd
like to estimate it) on CD-ROM kits.

If you have any of the really old ones which
included the RRD40 caddies, then some serious
antique collector (not I) might care more
Stanley F Quayle
Valued Contributor

I definitely collect CD's, antique and other. I'd be glad to take them.
http://www.stanq.com/charon-vax.html
bkelly13
Advisor

I regret that I was unable to post my OP any earlier, but as of today, the manuals and CDs are gone.
Regarding other questions I have posted, Several other people in the forum have helped me maintain the system until another one was in place for replacement. I am quite grateful for their assistance. Thanks you to all.
bkelly13
Advisor

Oops, See previous post
Hoff
Honored Contributor

So what (finally) replaced the VAXft box?
bkelly13
Advisor

The VAX was the center of a security system that provided perimeter protection, entry control, and video display. It was a custom built system and now has been replaced by a system from Software House.