108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VMS 7.3-2 ACRTL V 1.0 patch gives error on install

SOLVED
Go to solution
Layne Burleson_1
Regular Advisor

VMS 7.3-2 ACRTL V 1.0 patch gives error on install

I get the following when trying to install the ACRTL v1.0 patch for vms 7.3-2. Anyone have any ideas?

I did a lib/list on starlet.olb and the c$$main did not exist. I'm wondering if that is why the replace failed. If so, is it ok to NOT terminate the install?

Portion done: 0%...10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%...80%...90%
%PCSI-I-PRCOUTPUT, output from subprocess follows ...
%LIBRAR-F-WRITEERR, error writing DISK$VMS_DISK:[VMS$COMMON.][SYSLIB]STARLET.OLB;6

%PCSI-E-MODREPLERR, error replacing module C$$MAIN in library DISK$VMS_DISK:[VMS
$COMMON.][SYSLIB]STARLET.OLB
-LIBRAR-F-WRITEERR, error writing !AS
%PCSI-E-OPFAILED, operation failed
Terminating is strongly recommended. Do you want to terminate? [YES]
3 REPLIES 3
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: VMS 7.3-2 ACRTL V 1.0 patch gives error on install

Layne,

the -LIBRAR-F-WRITEERR should be followed by another system service error message, which would show the real underlying error. Maybe because PCSI is using the callable LBR$ routines, this information gets lost.

Try to consider to do some analysis on your own first:

$ copy sys$library:starlet.olb <>
$ libr/extr= <>starlet.olb
$ libr/repl=starlet.obj <>starlet.olb/log

and see, whether you get any errors.

If you use /REPLACE and the module does not yet exist in the library, it's just being inserted. This will be shown, if you use /LOG.

Volker.
Layne Burleson_1
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure why the error message manifested itself the way it did, but the problem was related to the process running out of pgflquota during the install.

I have since re-installed the patch with no errors.

Arch_Muthiah
Honored Contributor

hi,

As this ACRTL ECO kit makes extensve changes to STARLET.OLB and may also perform multiple header changes and extractions on DECC$RTLDEF.TLB.

As significant amount of STARLET.OLB updatation occurs after the kit says it is 90% insltalled, this is related with writing/permission/space problems. There was a discussion about this patch kit installtion failure in our ITRC, You may find some usefull info here.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=240251

Archunan

Archunan
Regards
Archie