1752792 Members
6081 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VMS 8.3 Update v9 aggregate patch kit vs. Master ECO list

Art Wiens
Respected Contributor

VMS 8.3 Update v9 aggregate patch kit vs. Master ECO list

The Master ECO lists VMS83A_UPDATE-V0900 as the current update kit. At the bottom of the list it shows patches that are not included in the kit (as per normal). Why are the oldest 8 patches listed there not included in v9? The oldest two are from 2007!

What's up with that? Do I really need to apply them again? I'm current up to VMS83A_UPDATE V7.0 + a few. I patched this system in Oct-2008.

Cheers,
Art
2 REPLIES 2
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

Re: VMS 8.3 Update v9 aggregate patch kit vs. Master ECO list

You need to ask HP directly as the appropriate people are probably not watching this forum.

Re: VMS 8.3 Update v9 aggregate patch kit vs. Master ECO list

So I did ask HP ... apparently I didn't RTFM! Section 7.5 of the Update document says (of the 2007 patches):

The VMS83A_ACMELDAP and VMS83A_LOGIN patch kits are being removed permanently from this and future UPDATE kits. This kit change is being made to eliminate conflicts between the LOGINOUT.EXE image contained in the ACMELDAP kit and the LOGINOUT.EXE image in the LOGIN kit.

and

The VMS83A_TZ-V0100 daylight savings kit is being removed permanently from this and future UPDATE kits. This kitting change is being made given the global variation in timezone rules, and knowing that some customers have local patch changes.

Apparently the other patches were "too new" to make it in time for inclusion in the Update 9 kit, although the SHADOWING-V0200 patch, while it says it was released in Dec-2008, has a date on the PCSI file of Sep-2008.

Cheers,
Art